Chapter 73: Rude, Buster

💣Chapter 73: Rude, Buster

Everyone was in position, and they all had their materials from sneaking around abandoned stores that the corrupted used to sell illegal things. It took a while for the plan to get something that would work. But they got an idea. Currently the guards were stationed at 5 places, and where the 5 teams where hiding. The guards were eating lunch, but had all of their weapons in case people busted in. 

So of course they had to be sneaky. Each team had their own ways to attack, because only one way would be too easy for the guards to figure out. So each one had a different way to attack. They all had to attack in a row, because they each need a chance to sneak in. The ones with the most sneaky option would go last, and the ones who blow up things would go first. It was time to get this party started.

Team one, who was at the entrance was hiding in bushes, had explosives ready. They were starting first, as the guards would immediately run there. Each one started lighting all of the dynamite, fireworks, bombs, everything they had and started firing/throwing them. The guards nearby saw the explosives and fled, with one guy too scared to move (he blew up). Other guards nearby started running to where the banging was heard. 

A good chunk of guards died, others hurt, but lots having resistance to gunpowder. However, they were all panicking, trying to put out the fire, healing the ones who were injured, and all kinds of other things. They didn't notice team 1 sneaking in because they were struggling about other things. Team 1 was inside! 

Team two was waiting to hear the explosives for their plan. They were meant to attack the few guards who were left after the explosives fired, because they were meant to protect the leader. They had nets to capture them, so they could rush in. Waiting, they eventually heard the explosions from team 1, so they started their plan. They waited for only some guards to stay, and eventually, only the leaders were left. 

They threw some rocks in a direction, so the guards were focused on that area. They snuck up behind them, and threw the nets over them. The guards tried cutting though them, but the heroes made sure they were made of metal. They kept struggling, but the heroes grabbed the nets, spun around, and tossed them into a cage they had made before hand. Team 2 was now done, and ran inside. 

Team 3 is waiting to see nets flying for their phase. They had a pretty simple phase. With the leaders out of the way, they would have access to running in. They needed to look around and send map plans for team 4, since team 4 needed to make way for team 5. They had a more basic phase, but the later phases needed their help. 

They heard screaming, looked up to see a net flying into a cage. Phase 3 start! They started running in after team 2, looking around and memorizing the surrounding. Each of them were taking their own notes, then meeting back up to make a section of a map, then splitting back up then meeting again. They were putting the best descriptions they could, and they were giving their all. When they were happy with one version, they sent it to team 4. 

They need to make 5 maps, which will be explained when team 4 is put in the spotlight. Eventually, they reached 5 maps, sending the last one out. Team 4 was waiting for the final map from team 3. They had heard the explosions, they saw the net flying, and now had four maps. Their part of the plan was to enter, and disable the security system for team 5. 

Team 5 was the final phase, so this phase was really important. Soon, they saw the paper flying, with the final member catching it. Time to go! They entered through the entrance with the guards taken care of from the explosives. They used the maps to split up so they could tackle the five security systems. Each one had a different gimmick. One was like a Simon says games. 

Another was a quiz. There was a Where's Waldo one, that really angered them, a math game, and a game where you had to memorize a pattern really fast. Luckily, each member of team 4 each tackled the challenge they were the best in. So it didn't take them long, but the Where's Waldo was just plain annoying. The security systems were deactivated, and team 5 could finally begin.

Team 5 was stalking every move the other teams made, because they had a very important phase. They were meant to open the door with the tools they had. The door can only be opened with those tools, so if they didn't make it, everything would fail. They waited for the word, and eventually heard, "SECURITY DEACTIVATED!" and they rushed in. Everything was on high alert, but the other teams were pushing back any attempts to charge at them. 

It was like the area 51 raid, except the government can't do anything. Team 5 closed in on the door, and when they did, they took out their tools, and started chipping away at the door with all their power. The other teams holding off the baddies as well, this was now or never. They chipped, fought back, chipped, fought back, chipped, and you get the idea. But eventually, the corrupted forces were forced to flee to help their leader. 

Surprisingly, the door did not budge after all the damage. Team 5 then remembered the password from Calamari and Jaws.

"Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh" they said together.

The door opened, and let them all in. 

"Dang, I forgot that that was the password," El said.

"Haha, yeah me too. At least that fight with those sea creatures wasn't a total waste!" Ina replied.

All the groups had entered, and now all they had to do was join up with each other.

It was time.