Chapter 76: Attempted Assassination

🐍Chapter 76: Attempted Assassination

She'd followed them all the way here, hood cloaking her identity. She didn't know why she'd held off her assassination attempt, but maybe it was because she was constantly being followed by people. Here and now, there was nobody who could stop her or witness her and report her to someone. It was perfect, and now she had her eyes on the group as they got out of their boat to go after Sese. Sese was far away by now, and she was simply chilling in a tree watching these idiots try and catch up.

She knew why Sese was here, but she wasn't about to tell anyone. Heh, maybe she could get to control her own army if she did this right. Just then, her thoughts were interrupted by something loud.

"HEY YOU! WHO ARE YOU?!" Cas shouted.

"Cas!" Ami growled.

"What? If they're trying to be sneaky by hiding in that weird tree, they're not doing a good job!"

The shape shook her head and sighed. Them coming to her only made this job easier. She jumped down from the weird tree in the realm and landed on the ground gracefully.

"I've watched you for a while now...and I've been waiting to kill you!" she cackled.

"What?! Are you a servant of the corrupted?!" Coco exclaimed.

"Hah..."

The shape pulled back her hood. The group carefully studied her as she revealed herself.

It was a teal hexagon shape.

"Wait, you're not corrupted?!" El exclaimed.

"Lord Agen and Sese promised me that they would spare my home...if I KILLED YOU!" she smiled wickedly.

"Alright, alright, let's get this over with then...uh...whatever your name is," Coco said, not taking this shape seriously at all.

"I am Asude! Prepare to meet your doom!" she exclaimed.

The group simply shrugged as they prepared to fight.

Medusa - Asude fight

The battlefield opened up, and immediately everyone scattered as particles began to rain down on them. Asude appeared in the middle of the field shortly after, generating two glowing sawblades to spin around the field. Everyone was quick to dodge, though El took damage from the sudden movement. Asude then sunk back down as the rain stopped, and lightning bolts struck in a pattern similar to the beat of the song. One hit Coco, but he was still fine since he had more HP.

Asude then shot up and started sending out hexagon shaped energy blasts that were teal like her. The battlefield became a bit of a bullet filled one, and everyone had to be careful and weave around each attack. El got hit by a blast after knocking Digo away from one, and Ari nearly got hit. This villain just didn't give up! Ami flew over to Asude, but she then stopped generating energy and moved to the corner of the field.

Asude opened an eye and shot a laser beam from it. Everyone dodged out of the way except for Ami, who was directly hit by it and poofed. Seemed like that Laser was a dangerous 1-shooting weapon...

"Ami!" Ina cried.

"Look out!" El shouted.

The group couldn't dwell on their loss as Asude generated more hexagonal energy blasts from their hands. For the most parts, she always shot it in one direction, though some energy bits could go astray from the path a bit. Regardless though, the group managed to dodge them. Asude started getting desperate and spun around to generate an energy tornado. It was unique because it sucked some of the heroes in, and they had to dash to escape its suction forces.

Asude then summoned a hammer to attack, swirling right out of the tornado without getting dizzy. The group saw warning lines and moved accordingly, though Asude wasn't aware and attacked like normal by swinging the hammer down as hard as she could. Her hammer generated shockwaves across the battlefield before being tossed aside as her hands glowed again. Ari noticed the hammer flung to the side though, and went to fetch it.

"Wait, stop! What are you doing?!" Asude shouted.

Ari grabbed the hammer and hoisted it up to attack since it wasn't corrupted. He was also really strong, so it wasn't really a problem for him. Ari then reeled back, preparing to slam it down onto the battlefield's ground to try and use the shockwave attack for himself. After all, it could help the others!

"Oh no you DON'T!" Asude screamed.

Ari was quickly poofed by Asude's eye laser like Ami had been, and the hammer fell. Asude reached out to call it to her, but now that the group saw that the weapon was usable, they had ideas. Ina and Digo darted in front of Asude to distract her while El and Cas picked up the hammer. Coco was just trying to stay alive and not get hit by any stray energy bits, because if the group poofed here they could be at least rest assured that one of them hadn't been so reckless and lived. Once El and Cas got the hammer, Digo and Ina attempted to restrain Asude...but they couldn't really do that on the battlefield. El went over to help.

Asude swatted them away with energy blasts, only to see Cas tightly gripping the hammer and reeling back. Her eyes widened, because she could see what the group was planning on doing now.

"No! You fools! I won't let you-!" she exclaimed.

Asude shot forwards and reached out a hand to grab it from him. She couldn't use her eye lasers consecutively in a row, there was a cooldown for that...but it would be what ultimately brought her downfall. Cas could see her coming right at him and sealing her own fate. Without hesitating further, he swung across as hard as he could once his target was in range. Asude was hit with her own attack, and knocked out cold as she was slammed against the sides of the battlefield.

Coco grabbed the small treeangle piece and the battle was over...

But the group could only hope something like that wouldn't happen again.