Chapter 46: Mech Menace

⚙️Chapter 46: Mech Menace

They ran as fast as they could, but Champion proved to be very quick. He was jumping on stuff trying to lose them, but someone always managed to keep their eyes on him. They ran through entire parts, seeing more and more of the operation that Champion was running. Gears spinning around and around, pulleys pulling things up and down, and pink crabs working hard to make weapons. Some things made sense, but there was also some metal made.

They didn't really care as they were chasing Champion. But they couldn't keep running forever, and Champion lost them. But they also lost Gray! While running, Gray noticed a room while seemed locked, but it was actually open. Looking though, he got lost, until he saw crabs getting thrown into a machine.

"What is this madness?" he said to himself.

He needed to find the group, who were now tired from running. Gray looked for a way out, but stumbles apon a giant crab which was more machine than crab. He wanted to run, but the machine activated, which Champion was piloting. He pushed Gray into the machine, with an evil grin. Gray looked up, then closed his eyes. However, the noise attached the rest of the group to enter a room. A room with splits paths and different generators.

"Wow! That's a lot of ways to go! I wonder what traps there are!" Cas said, looking around.

Coco looked at him, and said, "Unfortunately, he's right. The entrance said generator room, the corrupted wouldn't leave them on their own."

The rest knew that was right. The paths would have their own challenges. They didn't know what the generators powered, but they knew the three of them needed to be destroyed.

"Wait, where is Gray?" Yellow yelled.

Looking around, they saw Gray was gone. They were worried, but also knew Gray was the smartest crab they saw. Hopefully he knew what to do, but they also had to keep an eye out for him. But for now, they needed to split up into groups. Ari, Digo, and Blue would take the first path.

Cas, Coco, and Red would take the second path, and Ina, Ami, El, and Yellow would take the third path. Splitting up, they went down the paths.Digo was on Ari's shoulders and Blue was on Digo's hands as they travelled on the first path.

"Keep your eyes out for traps, everyone!" Digo said.

It seemed like they walked for a while until they came across what seemed to be a garden.

Blue noticed a sign and read it, "Pick one seed and grow a palm tree. But only one seed will grow into a palm tree."

Next to the sign, there were about 100 seeds and a book. The book was to help identity the seeds. So they got to work. Blue picked the seed, Digo checked for its attributes, and Ari threw away the duds. Some of the seeds looked close, but they weren't.

They managed to see what attributes the palm tree seed only had. Eventually, they spotted a seed that looked like the one in the book, but another seed also looked the exact same thing! Oh, what could they do? Ari feeling down, ate one of the seeds, and said it tasted like cotten candy. Digo looked through the book, and saw the real seed tasted like coconuts!

They picked up the other seed, and planted it in the dirt. The dirt seemed to be super powered, because the tree grew tall. A palm tree! They had figured out the puzzle! The generator was in clear view, and it was destroyed. One down, two to go!

Cas, Coco, and Red were doing the whip and the nae nae on path 2! It had started rather strangely. They were walking on the path until music started playing.

"Why is music playing?" Coco asked.

They all proceeded to get shocked. They continued to get shocked until they started dancing. Well, time to play Dance Dance Revolution! They had to time their steps to the bears or else be shocked. And the shocking got more and more bad they more they got shocked.

The music also kept changing, so they needed to keep changing moves. From the chicken dance to the macarena to Gangnam style, they pulled out all of the moves. Even Cas and Coco did the tango at one point. And yes, that was very weird and very awkward. Anyways, they danced for so long, until the music cut out.

They had beated the puzzle! They destroyed the generator in a few swings, and now one was only left. For the final mission, it was time to hit the waves! After walking a while on the third path, Ina spotted three big surfboards, and one small surf board. Pink waves splashed against the platform they were standing on, but luckily none of the water hit them.

It was now clear, they needed to surf to the generator. They each got onto a board and were ready. Yellow and El had surfed before, so they decided to lead the pact.

"Stay on the board by keeping balance. We need to move forward by catching waves." El told everyone.

They understood, and they started riding the waves. They started out with smaller waves to stay safe, but slowly went into bigger and bigger waves. The generator was a lot father then they expected, but they were getting better and better. Eventually, they reached the generator and destroyed it, but now they needed to get back. Just then, a giant wave appeared and sent all of them flying!

Just kidding! They surfed the huge wave all the way back to shore. That's all three down, but what else could there be? They all heard something explode. So they grouped up, and went to where the explosion was.

Jumping throught a window, they found a machine that was corrupting crabs, and the generators they destroyed powered the machine. They were happy, but still  had no idea where Gray was. But that thought left their mind as a giant robot crab flew infront of them.

"You have defied the wonderful Champion," it said throught a speaker, "Now you must pay!"

It was time for a fight, and they knew that. They could only hope that Gray was safe. They went into positions, and the battle started.

No song selected - Mecha Crab Battle

The rectangle formed, and the mech did not hesitate with attacks. It fired missiles at a very fast rate, making it hard to dodge. But they managed to do so. But if Red hadn't warned Coco he would have been hit. The machine also fired lasers, bombs, and you get the idea.

It was like a regular robot. They had to dodge all of these attacks, and Cas was dodging them very well. Be he had to tackle to get Ina and Blue out of the way of incoming attacks. There weren't much problems after that, but they all saw the mech was stopping attacks for a second before resuming. They needed to unvail who was the pilot.

So Yellow tossed Ari a big rock, then Ari threw it at the pilot area. And the one using the machine was Gray! He must have gotten corrupted by the machine. The corrupted Gray looked angry at being revealed, but also looked like crying for help. Looks like this battle has taken a big turn.

The attacks came out a lot faster and even new attacks appeared, like a coconut cannon. But they clearly saw Gray wasn't having any fun. They needed to snap sense into him. The crabs would try to get him back to normal while the main group would do the fight. However, since the crabs we're trying to save Gray, they became the main targets, so the main team had to protect them as well.

Yellow was nearly hit, but El managed to get them out of the way. The crabs started showing the memories of the adventures in the island, and Gray startedto cry. Then, he aimed a missle launcher at himself, and fired. The entire mech fell back, and the triangle appeared. It floated to Red, Blue, and Yellow. They all grabbed it at once, and the battle was over.

Gray woke up and looked down, to see his gray skin back again. The other three crabs went and hugged him. Looks like they all had fun together. But they needed to get back into action. Champion was out there, ready to take over this island.

They ran out of the now destroyed machine and mech area, and ran to Crab City. But little did they know, Champion was ready to fight somewhere else. He looked around, and spotted someone in the distance. He smiled.

"Ready, partner?"