ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

➳

Lunar runs her hands over the old pages of the journal, sitting cross legged on the floor of her room. She wasn't usually one to snoop, but her own mind was starting to drift these days. She yearned to learn more about the family she was sharing this house with. The vampires that the world seemed to fear. The father of her child, and the man she slowly found herself falling in love with.

Elijah's journal;
August 1359.
I have noticed a difference in my siblings. Our bond strains beneath the pressure of our life as vampires. Each day removes them further from the humanity we once possessed. My sweet sister, Rebekah, has grown quite indifferent to the brutality.

However, the true problem remains my brother, Niklaus. He continues to hide his loneliness with cruelty. Still, I cling to the hope that I, as their eldest brother, can lead them down the correct path, a path charged with the power of a family United. For if I fail, our family's legacy will end in darkness.

Lunar shut the journal, hastily putting it away, the words ringing in her head. She moved to the stairs. The smell of smoke and fire was overwhelming.

"I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire." Rebekah told Klaus, watching as the vampires she had killed began to burn.

Lunar stood in the doorway to the living space, the flames from outside casting an eerie orange glow, as she watched the two siblings.

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot?" Klaus snaps back. "Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked Lunar."

"Oh, I am so moved by your newfound sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in the oven." Rebekah tells Klaus coldly.

Lunar frowns, not liking the blonde vampires tone. She shifts her weight, the floorboards creaking. They both turn, noticing her.

Rebekah rolls her eyes. Lunar ignores her, stepping into the room and moving to the window to watch the flames in the front yard.

"What's the plan?" She asks, ignoring the hostile feeling in the room.

"Well, that depends what plan you mean, love." Klaus smiles. "My plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world."

Rebekah grabs a pencil off the desk in front of her, launching it through the air at Klaus. He catches it before it makes contact with his face.

Lunar laughs. "The plan to get Elijah back." She says, stunning both Klaus and Rebekah.

"Since when do you care about Elijah?" Rebekah retorts.

Lunar sighs. "I don't, particularly. But, despite this," she waves her hand in front of her at the two of them, "you two clearly do."

Klaus and Rebekah look at each other, not saying a word. "And I care about that witch you told us about." Lunar shrugs. "Way I see it, it's win-win. We get Elijah back. I can talk to the witch."

"What do you want with the witch?" Klaus asks.

"Have you already forgotten why we met?" Lunar questions him. "I may be messed up in Mikaelson drama now, but I still plan on breaking the curse on my pack, and in order to do that I need a powerful witch." Lunar explains.

Klaus listens to her and then looks at his sister. "You knew about this, didn't you?"

Rebekah stumbles over her words, not sure what to say. Lunar steps forwards, drawing Klaus' attention to her.