ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

Kol is sat in the living room at the compound, finally able to eat the breakfast foods from earlier. He bites into a croissant whilst talking to Davina.

"Quite nice of you, coming to my rescue like that!" Kol smiles at her.

"You know, it's a good thing you didn't steal the stake from me. Or I would of been the one torturing you." Davina replies.

"Does that mean you trust me, then?" Kol asks with a grin.

Davina just smiles, giving him a look that makes Kol chuckle. After a moment, Klaus joins them, Lunar following behind him.

"Provided you're not busy concocting a new paralytic to use against me, I'd like a word with my brother." Klaus snarkily says to Davina.

"Well, to be honest, I can't stand being around you anyway." Davina retorts, standing up and leaving whilst Klaus laughs.

"For the record, I didn't know a bloody thing about mother's plan for Cami, I swear." Kol says.

"Well, I think I can judge for myself which of her schemes she would entrust to you, and which she would not." He sits across from Kol whilst Lunar leans against a nearby desk. "I believe this was Finn's task."

"I imagine Esther didn't appreciate Cami's involvement in taking down Finn." Lunar remarks now.

Kol leans back in his chair now. "Where, pray tell, is he now?"

"He's waiting uncomfortably for me to return and deliver his punishment. Perhaps I'll let Lunar have her fun with him." Klaus glances at the brunette and she smirks. "Pass the beignets, will you?" He asks Kol.

Kol grabs the plate of beignets, offering them to Klaus as he talks. "You know, it's only a matter of time before mother gets bored of waiting for you to let us go."

"Thank you." Klaus says quietly, taking a beignet off the plate.

"Well, Finn, at least. I don't expect she'd care if I never came home." Kol continues, and Lunar can't help but feel a pang of sympathy for him.

Klaus sighs. "A mother cares for her children. A monster does not. Once you accept she's the latter, you'll stop expecting the former. And, despite what you might think, Kol, I did mourn you after your death. And, I did attempt to avenge you. I would do nothing less, because we are brothers. Always and forever."

Kol looks overwhelmed as he nods in response to Nik's sincere words. Suddenly, Klaus' phone starts to ring. "Excuse me." He smiles at them, stepping out of the room to answer the phone.

Lunar moves to sit in front of Kol now, grabbing a beignet as she does so.

"Where have you been?" Nik answers the phone, seeing Elijah's name on the screen.

"Nik, it's me." Rebekah says. "Something's wrong. Elijah slaughtered a dozen people, whose only sin was their terrible taste in food. I mean, when have you known him to kill when he could otherwise compel? It's the kind of act that will draw our mother's attention."

Klaus sighs, horrified at the news. "Her torture must've affected him more deeply than I'd realised. Where is he now?"

"I broke his neck to keep her safe, but I have no clue what to do next." Rebekah admits.