ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ fɪᴠᴇ

Lunar and Klaus have returned to the Abattoir, his crew of vampires have gathered in the courtyard to hear what their leader has to say.

Lunar leans against the far wall, listening as Klaus begins to address them.

"Not long ago, you all united against me. You failed. Since then, in my benevolence, I have wiped the slate clean, yet it seems clear you think that I am the one who needs to earn your respect; your loyalty. You're mistaken. It is you who must prove yourselves to me. Our community is under attack. I require soldiers. I need warriors, not cowards. Each of you as a decision to make. You either fight alongside me or you leave now." Klaus' voice booms around the echoey space, as he turns, surveying each of the vampires in front of him.

"We don't owe you anything. If staying in the Quarter means living under your rule, I'd just as soon get the hell out." Thierry shoots back, before leaving the compound.

Klaus watches on as a handful of vampires follow in Thierry's wake. He can feel the anger building inside of him. Thierry takes one final glance back at Diego, hoping his friend will join him, but he remains.

Lunar shoots a quick glare at Thierry as he walks past her to the door. She pushes herself away from the wall as Sophie Deveraux enters the Abattoir.

"I see you made it out of the docks alive." Lunar looks at her. "Shame."

Sophie smiles sarcastically. "I'm here to see Klaus, not you." Lunar turns, Klaus is speaking to Marcel.

"I got to admit, I thought you'd loose more guys than that." Marcel is telling him as Lunar and Sophie approach them.

"Well, good riddance to them, I say. We've no room for slackers or cowards in our kingdom. Now that you've regained your composure, let's move on to the next item of business, shall we, with a little help from our dear friend Sophie." Klaus turns now, looking at Lunar and the witch.

"I got no reason to help you, and I sure as hell don't have a reason to help him." Sophie snaps, shooting an icy glare at Marcel.

"Now, now, don't be difficult, love. You'll only live as long as you're of use to me, and right now, your best use is to explain why a witch I killed has come back for revenge. Come on. Resurrected witches with vast power?" Klaus prompts, moving closer to Sophie, a threatening undertone to his voice.

"It's the Harvest. To die and be reborn. I don't know how, but someone jacked that power, and they used it to bring back four witches, just not the right ones." Sophie shrugs.

"So there's still a chance? If we can get that power back, we can save Davina." Marcel almost lights up at this possibility.

"Let's concentrate on the immediate problem, shall we?" Klaus tells him.

"Yeah, who the bloody hell raises four ancient witches from the dead?" Lunar asks, glancing at Sophie. A silence falls over the four of them. None of them have the answer to her question, so Klaus changes the subject instead.

"Papa Tunde wants revenge. He'll continue to attack us, channelling power from the vampires he sacrifices. He kills, he grows more dangerous. So how do I end him? He needs sacrifices to gain power." Klaus states, looking at Sophie for guidance.

"Hmm. You keep him from killing anymore nightwalkers, that's a start." Sophie tells him.

"Unless he finds the one place with a load of vampires ready to be sacrificed." Klaus says, as they all look at each other with a dawning realisation. The Garden.

Klaus and Marcel race over there as soon as the realisation hits them; Lunar remains behind at the Abattoir, having been convinced to by Klaus. He cannot bear for her to be hurt and possibly run into Papa Tunde, the stakes are simply too high.