ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

➳

Rebekah slowly begins to awake, the effects of the arrows to her heart wearing off. She pulls out the arrows with a groan, sitting up. There are several bodies strewn around her, dead.

Gasping for breathe as she stands up, Rebekah is frantic. "Lunar?" She calls, looking around for the werewolf. "Lunar!" She shouts louder this time, to no avail. Getting out her phone, she dials the only person who can help.

Klaus is stood on the balcony over looking the pews of St Anne's church. Davina is awakening after passing out, the teenage witch having gotten overly adventurous trying to attack Klaus for compelling Tim, a silly little boy who she clearly liked.

Not much bothered for her shouting Klaus tunes her out, answering his ringing phone. "Rebekah."

"Lunar's missing." His sister breathes into the line, panic evident in her voice.

"What do you mean she's missing?" Klaus snaps back, growing angry.

"What do you think I mean? There's blood and bodies everywhere, someone's ripped this lot to shreds, and there's no annoying pregnant werewolf." Rebekah snaps back.

"Keep looking. I'm on my way." Klaus hangs up, grabbing Tim and pulling him to his feet.

"Please, don't hurt me." He begs.

"It wasn't my intent to. But, sadly, we've run out of time to play nice." Klaus grabs Tim, throwing him over the balcony onto the church floor. Spotting his violin on the floor too, he throws that over with a smile, before walking away.

—————

Rebekah is searching the Bayou clinic for clues of where Lunar could be, when Klaus appears.

"Wow!" Rebekah turns to her brother. "You abandoned your quest for power to help out your family! Having an off day?"

Klaus ignores the snarky remarks. "Who took her, Rebekah?" He asks.

"I don't know." Rebekah tells him.

"What do you mean, you don't know?" Klaus grows annoyed. "And who killed her attackers?"

"I don't know!" Rebekah exclaims. "I had an arrow in my heart. If it wasn't Lunar who killed them, then-" she's cut off by the sound of a wolf howling outside. Klaus looks at his sister and raises an eyebrow.

"Lovely. Maybe her cousins will know where she is." Rebekah remarks, heading outside.

Klaus follows his sister out into the woodland. There's the sound of twigs snapping, as Lunar appears out of the darkness. Her hair is tangled and her clothes are tattered. She stumbles, exhausted. The two siblings run towards her.

"Lunar!" Klaus exclaims, catching her in his arms as she stumbles again. "What happened? Tell me what happened." He holds her at arms length, searching her dark eyes.

"I can't remember." Lunar admits, as Klaus continues to search her for wounds. She wants the ground to swallow her up, she'd never felt so pathetic and weak in her whole life.

"You've completely healed. There's not a scratch on you." Klaus says, dumbfounded.

Despite the pair not being on the best terms since Lunar snuck out to Marcel's party all Klaus wanted to do was hold her close. To protect her and the baby, and never let them out of his sight again.

"One of the perks of being a werewolf, remember?" Lunar manages to smile slightly.

"No, not that fast." Klaus frowns.