ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

➳

Lunar is sat at the end of the large dining table set up in the courtyard of the Abattoir. She's surrounded by Marcel and his cronies, which unnerves her. But as she looks down the long wooden table at Klaus, she feels herself relax.

Klaus lifts a fork, tapping it on his glass to draw attention to him as he stands up from his chair.

"Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift; immortality. After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for it's beauties and it's sorrows do diminish with time. But, as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine." Klaus gestures to a group of compelled waitresses and waiters asking them to join the table, there is one for each vampire sat at the table.

"Insatiable need, exquisite pain." Klaus continues as the human's slit their wrists with knives, letting their blood drip into the cups for the vampires.

"Our victories, and our defeats." Klaus' gaze lands on Marcel.

Klaus raises his glass now. "To my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow.."

"And the party never end!" Marcel finishes for him.

"To New Orleans." Diego joins in, raising his glass too.

"To New Orleans!" Klaus smiles.

"New Orleans!" Everyone at the table says, including Lunar, before the vampires begin to drink the blood from the cups.

"I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent change in leadership, and I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No, my intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have. What Marcel, in fact, took and built for this true community of vampires." Klaus addresses them all.

"What about her?" Diego points at Lunar. "The wolf." He sneers.

Lunar rolls her eyes and smiles at him.

"Had you'd let me finish, Diego, you would know that there is, of course, one further matter I would like to address." He walks to the other end of the table to where Lunar is sat. "As many of you know, Lunar is carrying my child. Consequently, I trust you will all pay her appropriate respect. However, I understand that some of you are concerned by this vicious rumour that I intend to use the blood of our child to create Hybrids. I assure you I do not."

Lunar smiles up at him, feeling a sense of pride, almost. But then one of Marcel's vampires speaks.

"Father of the year." She glares at the man who said it, not recognising him and not able to put a name to his face. His voice is dripping with sarcasm though, and she wonders if he wants to die.

"It appears I will have to earn your trust. Very well, we'll eliminate the root of your anxiety. You see, how can I sire any hybrids if there are no more werewolves alive in the Bayou to turn?" Klaus seems satisfied with this conclusion.

"What?" Lunar shoots to her feet, glaring at him, her sense of pride evaporating. "Kill my family and I'll behead yours." She snaps, her eyes burn amber. "And we both know I don't make empty threats!"

Klaus looks at the brunette, his gaze hardening. "Your making a scene, love, calm down." He simply says, which only infuriates Lunar further.

"Your impossible. You know? Your a total asshole, and I bloody hate you!" She snaps, storming up the staircase wondering why she still loved him.

Klaus smirks, holding back a laugh as he watches Lunar go, before bringing his attention back to the vampires in front of him. "So - eat, drink, and be merry. And, tomorrow, I suggest you have yourselves a wolf hunt. Go ahead, have fun. Kill them all!"