ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

The next morning Lunar awakes with an uneasy feeling in her stomach. The return of the visions was a surprise at most and they'd left her with a dark, sinister feeling she couldn't quite shake.

Having been awake for hours awaiting Nik's return, Lunar enters the living room where Hope is playing in her play pen.

"Hi, honey! Mama's here." She scoops the baby up into her arms. "Your dad will be here soon, too." She whispers, entering the kitchen where Elijah is.

"Have you heard off him?" Lunar asks, as Elijah approaches her and plants a kiss on Hope's forehead.

He shakes his head in response. "No, have you?"

"Not since last night." Lunar sighs. "He's bringing Cami and Hayley, you know. Finn's on the loose, and Mikael, he thinks they'll be safer here."

"Niklaus is right." Elijah replies. "They won't be found here, that's why you must stay."

"I'm a hybrid, 'Lijah. I can handle myself." Lunar retorts.

"Yes, a hybrid with rather unusual gifts.. wouldn't you say?" He gives a look and she rolls her eyes.

"Don't you start!" Lunar shoots back. "Y'all should be thanking me. Thanks to me, we can assume your evil aunt Dahlia is not dead and coming for us."

"Yes, it appears so." Elijah agrees sombrely.

"No bother, I'll take pleasure in ripping out her heart." Lunar smiles sarcastically, sauntering out of the kitchen and onto the porch of their safe house.

- Road to Arkansas -

Klaus is driving, with Cami in the passenger seat and Hayley in the back, on his way to the safe house.

"It has been said that all love begins and ends with she who gave us life. A thousand years ago, my mother turned us into monsters, yet still she claimed to love her children, even as she vowed to destroy us. The noble Elijah, tormented by long buried, shameful secrets. Kol, the wily trouble maker, out for no one but himself. Finn, the devoted acolyte, his love all too easily walked by our mother's sick hate. Fierce Rebekah, willing to risk everything on the chance she may one day find happiness. And me, the bastard child. My mother's greatest shame. Now, finally, we have defeated her, giving her the choice she never thought to give us, to live on as one of the monsters she created.." Klaus pauses for a moment as he parks the car outside the safe house.

"Or, suffer the slow agonising death she so deserves." He finishes the story, climbing out of the car with Cami and Hayley following.

"Do you ever shut up?" Hayley rolls her eyes.

"Um, congratulations, I guess, but right now, I'm a little more worried about Finn, considering I totally stabbed him in the back." Cami replies, confused.

"He won't find you here. This is the safest place you could possibly be." Klaus tells her. "Come on! There's someone I want you both to meet." He smiles, walking ahead of the two women now.

Hayley looks at Cami. "What's going on?" She whispers, but the blonde only shrugs as they head towards the safe house.

"I'd like to introduce you to the newest member of our family. The little troublemaker all the fuss has been about." Klaus says, as they get nearer to the porch.