ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ fɪᴠᴇ

Lunar stares at her reflection in the mirror, resting her hands on top of the dressing table. She takes a deep breath and sighs. Today is the day. Her wedding day.

Suddenly, her phone begins to ring. She stares at the name on the caller ID for a moment with an anxious feeling settling into her stomach, before answering it.

"Elijah." Lunar breathes into the phone, trying to keep the nerves from her voice.

"I believe congratulations are in order." Elijah says into the phone, and Lunar almost laughs.

"For you, or for me?" She replies, looking at herself in the mirror.

"For us both." Elijah tells her. "Finn is dead, I'm afraid the quaint little safe house is worse for wear, but Hope is safe."

"Are you with her?" Lunar questions.

"Not currently. But she is with Camille, and I am close behind them." Elijah replies matter of fact. "I will be there shortly, to see your wedding."

He hangs up the phone and Lunar stares at her lock screen for a moment, in a daze. She pushes back on her chair, heading for her wardrobe and grabbing a duffel bag.

She repeats motions she has done for years. Pack the essentials. Only that she can carry. Run.

"What do you think you're doing?" Klaus' voice startles her and Lunar stops, starring at him.

"I've waited this long to marry you, I can wait another day." Lunar tells him, before grabbing a handful of clothes and slinging them into the bag. "Elijah said they're on the road. So I'm going to go to them and get my daughter."

"Lunar.." Klaus approaches her, trying to take the bag from her grasp but she shoves him off.

"Do not tell me that it's not safe!" Lunar shouts, the pressure and the stress of the last few days suddenly boiling to the surface. "I'll tell you what's not safe; blowing up a house just to keep your evil brother from finding her!"

"We will deal with Finn." Klaus sighs, he reaches out and holds her waist. Lunar sighs too, closing her eyes.

"And then what, Nik?" She questions, softly. "Every time you kill him, he's just going to jump into another body."

"We tried running. We tried hiding. Neither will work." Klaus looks at her. She is more jittery than usual.

"So, what's your bright idea?" Lunar stares up at him, hopeful.

"As it happens, I am working on a plan as we speak! One which will be bolstered greatly if you just calm down-" Klaus begins to say, but Lunar cuts him off.

"Do not manage me, Klaus!" She shouts. "I might be your wife by days end, but this does not mean you can boss me around!"

He stares at her. "Is that what this is about?" Klaus tilts his head a little as he studies her features, how fearful her eyes are, yet still so full of admiration as she stares up at him. "You don't want to get married."

"I didn't say I don't want to, but I am scared." Lunar admits. "You must feel it too. You've lived a thousand years and you haven't even come close to marriage, yet here you are, standing at the threshold, about to tie the knot. You must've thought this day was impossible."