ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ

Lunar and Klaus enter St Anne's Church, it's already full of people. Werewolves. Lunar follows Klaus down the aisle, letting him guide the way to Father Kieran who she is yet to meet.

"We still haven't got through all that you've already provided, Klaus." The priest tells him.

"Well, this newest bit isn't from me." Klaus says, stepping aside slightly as Lunar moves forwards.

"Oh?" Father Kieran is taken aback as he looks at the brunette. "That's very kind of you..?" He realises he's not familiar with who she is, as he reaches forwards and takes the crates out of her arms.

"Lunar." She introduces herself with a small smile. "And these people are?" She gestures around her at the people sat in the pews.

"I asked Father Kieran to give them shelter. He suffers from an incessant desire to do good." Klaus explains to Lunar.  "But now I need you to be useful. Marcel and Davina have disappeared. I assume from the stupefied look on your face they haven't sought refuge in your attic." Klaus continues, turning to look at Kieran.

"No. Those days are gone." The priest shakes his head.

"Then energise your resources. I don't need to remind you how important it is they be found." Klaus says.

"Yes." Father Kieran nods, hastily leaving them to do as Klaus says.

Lunar turns to look at Klaus once Kieran as left them. "These people, they're werewolves, and the priest, he said that you donated the food. You're helping them?" She asks, unable to keep the shock from seeping into her voice.

"They're not your werewolves. They're my clan. From very far back. They've fallen upon hard times, and their plight has brought out the philanthropist in me." Klaus shrugs, smirking. "What can I say? Must be Elijah's influence on me."

Lunar narrows her eyes at his words. "What do you mean your clan?"

"The blood that runs in their veins runs in mine. And in our child's." Klaus tells her.

"This family gets more complicated by the second." Lunar shakes her head, before starting to laugh. Klaus too, finds himself smiling with her.

He moves towards her, holding her close. "Listen, Lunar, word of advice when dealing with Elijah. Don't do as I do. Just apologise. He's accomplished in many things, but he is a master of forgiveness."

Lunar swallows, searching Klaus' blue eyes. "What about you, do you forgive me?" She asks, willing her voice not to shake.

Klaus watches her features for a moment, his hands resting gently against her hips. "Yes, I forgive you, little wolf." His voice is low, his breath tickling her skin as he leans in closer to her. "I could never stay mad at you."

Lunar finds herself smiling. She reaches for his arm, tugging on Klaus' hand as she guides him towards the stairs to Davina's old attic.

Despite the urgency to find Davina; the need to stop the winds that are blowing a gale outside the church, Klaus is consumed by his need to be close to her. His need simply for her.

He lets her drag him to the stairs, before he vamp-speeds them up to the dusty attic. Lunar turns, her lips finding Klaus' hungrily, as her hands climb up under his shirt, roaming his body endlessly.

Klaus pushes her back against the wall, kissing her neck as she groans. Her lips momentarily leave his as they remove their jackets, Lunar reaches forwards and lifts Klaus' top up and over his head; he tears her's from her body, slinging it onto the wooden attic floor.