ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴡᴏ

"Will you slow down!" Aiden yells, hurrying to catch up with Lunar has they trudge through the depths of the Bayou.

"No!" She shouts back. "My daughter is missing and unless I find her at Jackson's god forsaken hovel I bet Klaus' lunatic mother has something to do with it." Lunar retorts, growing angry at the thought.

"Calm down." Aiden tries, but Lunar doesn't even listen to him. "Please, the wolves are already freaking out. They know it was an insider who took down Vincent last night, seeing as no one could have been anywhere near him. I don't need you freaking out too."

"I don't give two flying unicorns about the wolves right now, Aiden." Lunar shoots back.

She marches on ahead, seeing Jackson's trailer in the distance. The campfire is deserted, a few embers still burning from last night.

"Jackson! Jack!" Lunar yells, marching up to the trailer door and banging hard on it with her fist.

The door swings open and Jackson stares at her, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "What the hell, Lunar?" He questions, a can of beer in his hands.

"Is Hayley here?" Lunar asks, hopeful.

Jackson frowns, stepping out of the trailer now. "What? No." He replies, confused. "Should she be here?"

"See, I told you!" Lunar spins, angrily pointing at Aiden. She sighs. "She's gone missing."

Jackson's eyes widen. "Did anyone suspect it was you last night?" He asks them both, alarmed at the timing of Hayley's disappearance.

Aiden shakes his head. "No, not yet. But, they're gunna figure it out-" he starts to say, but Lunar cuts him off.

"Don't be so bloody naive!" She rolls her eyes. "Of course they know it was us, why else would they have taken my daughter!"

"You don't know that, Hayley could be anywhere." Jackson tries to reason.

"Yes, anywhere being tortured by Nik's demented witch of a mother." Lunar angrily retorts.

"Meanwhile, I'm screwed if we fail to come up with a plan." Aiden adds, earning himself a glare from Lunar.

"Not my problem. If you hadn't of bowed down to the witches in the first place it wouldn't be your problem, either." She turns, heading to leave.

"Where are you going?" Jackson shouts after her.

"To find our daughter!" She shouts back.

"Wait, what about the wolves? Lunar?" Aiden rushes after her.

She sighs, stopping and spinning around to face them. "Do I have to do all the thinking around here?" She rolls her eyes. "Call a meeting. The whole pack, tonight. If they're so scared now's the perfect time to convince them to ditch Esther."

Aiden holds up a hand now, showing Lunar his moonlight ring. "She gave them moonlight rings."

"Those rings make you slaves." Lunar replies with a shrug.

"No! They make us powerful. We were exiles before, but now we run the city! The vampires are scared of us, and nobody, including me, is just gunna walk away from that because.." Aiden shoots back, before trailing off.

Lunar slowly, deliberately, steps towards him. Eyes narrowed, a steady, cold, glare landing on Aiden. She stops just short of an inch away from him, leaning close until their all but nose to nose, she drops her voice to a low whisper. A growl almost.