ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

Josh is leading Aiden up a staircase in the empty wing of the compound, on their search for an escape.

"You really think there's a way out up here?" Aiden asks Josh.

"Uh, Nope! Not a chance. One of the vamps even tried climbing up on the roof, no dice." Josh glances around to make sure nobody is nearby before he gently pushes Aiden into the wall. "But, I figure as long as we're trapped here in the witch bubble of doom, might as well make the most of it!"

Aiden smiles. "Ah!" Josh leans in and kisses him, but after a moment Aiden pulls away. "Aw, come on. Someone might come up."

Josh looks at him confused. "So? I don't really care if someone see's me making out with my boyfriend." Aiden looks a little stunned and chuckles. "And, I totally just called you my boyfriend!"

"Yep!" He grins.

"Soooo, that happened." Josh says, a little sheepishly.

Aiden sighs. "Look, the wolves don't know about us yet."

"Okay, Aiden, please tell me that I did not get murdered and come back from the dead just to get shoved back in the closet." Josh replies, a little surprised.

"No! No, no, no, it's not that. It's just.. you're a vampire. And, you know, it's great that your friends are cool with this, but it's different for the wolves. I mean, you don't know how Marcel and his vampires made us suffer." Aiden hastily tries to explain.

"No, you're right. I don't. Because I had nothing to do with what happened back then." Josh shoots back.

"Yeah, well, trust me. You were the bad guys." Aiden shrugs, before Josh suddenly doubles over with pain, panting as he tries to breath through the pain. He looks up at Aiden, his vision blurred.

"Josh?" Aiden questions, concerned.

Continuing to groan from the pain, Josh is overcome with bloodlust. All he can hear is the sound of Aiden's heart beating. Josh notices his carotid artery, pulsing beneath Aiden's skin. It takes every ounce of willpower Josh has not to tear into the wolf's throat.

"Josh?" Aiden asks again, frowning with worry.

"Something's wrong." Josh manages to say through deep breaths.

"Are you ok?" Aiden steps towards him now, but Josh shoves him away.

"No! I-I can't be up here with you right now." Josh hastily leaves, stumbling down the stairs as he does so.

He finds Marcel and Gia in the dining room, they both turn to look at Josh, concern etching their features.

"Woah, hey! Slow down!" Marcel says, eyeing him with concern as he steps forwards.

"All I can think about is blood! It's like when I first turned, only a hundred times worse!" Josh explains.

Suddenly, Gia doubles over with pain too. "Whoa!" She groans.

"Gia!" Marcel exclaims, rushing to her aid.

And, finally, Marcel himself is overcome with the hunger, doubling over too.