ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ fɪfᴛʏ fᴏᴜʀ

"Blood on the walls. Pile of bodies. All in all, I'd say message received." Thierry says to Marcel. Their outside Marcel's apartment, discussing the events of the night.

"Did you get Davina out first?" Marcel asks.

"As planned, Josh took care of Davina. I made sure the other Harvest girls got out in the clear." Thierry reassures Marcel.

"That was just the warning shot. Now we double down." He replies.

"Marcel!" Elijah shouts, arriving outside his apartment. He tackles Thierry and throws the vampire against a building, before vamp-speeding over to Marcel.

"I warned you!" He tells Marcel angrily, before shoving him against the wall, too. "And yet still, you return to the French Quarter."

"You gonna kill me, Elijah? Go ahead. But then you won't know what Klaus has got going with his girl and that witch in his pocket." Marcel replies.

"Oh, whatever shall I do? I suppose I could just ask him." Elijah is unimpressed by Marcel's game.

"Yeah. Make sure he tells you all about the secret meetings with the werewolves. That is, if he's still speaking to you once he knows that you killed me." Marcel taunts.

Thierry picks himself up off the ground slowly, moving towards them.

"Do you not know me?" Elijah shoves his fist into Marcel's chest, grabbing his heart in his fist. Thierry jumps up to protect him but Elijah jams his hand into his chest too, Thierry groans out in pain.

"For your violation." Elijah remarks, before ripping Thierry's heart out.

Marcel falls to the ground, kneeling besides his friends dead body. "No, no, no!"

Elijah holds Thierry's heart in his hand, shoving it into Marcel's face. "You live or you die according to my will. Remember that." He warns, dropping Thierry's heart and walking away as Marcel sobs over his fallen friends body.

- French Quarter -

The party has long since finished, but Klaus has returned to catch up with Genevieve. He's already taken Lunar back to the compound, making sure she's safe.

"You left without my offering." Klaus calls to the red-head.

She stops at the top of the stairs, turning to look at him. "You're vampires ruined my party."

"Oh, they're not my vampires anymore, love. Although, Marcel certainly took a page out of my book  for dramatic effect. Look, I owed Davina some consolation because I killed her first love. I do try to make up for my wrong-doings. As with our little quarrel earlier. So here." He hands her a box. "I picked it out earlier tonight. A friend of yours gave me a hand." He grins.

"And what friend was that?" Genevieve asks, holding the box.

"Well, open it. See for yourself." Klaus prompts. Genevieve does as he says, lifting the lid of the box to reveal the witch's, whom she'd sent to rifle through the compound for Esther's grimoire, severed hands. "Did you really think I would leave my mother's grimoire unprotected?" Klaus asks.

"A century ago, I dreamed of what it would be like to know you. Now I'm glad I didn't. I might have been naive enough to fall for you, or fear you, but I learned a lot in death. And trust me, Klaus Mikaelson, it's you who should be afraid of me." Genevieve warns coldly, beginning to descend down the stairs to leave.

"Pity." Klaus replies, smirking.

Genevieve stops, turning back to look at him now. "Your friend Cami showed up tonight. Her offering was quite sweet. So, I gave her hope that I would lift Kieran's hex, but there is no hope. Or if there was, there isn't now." She shrugs.