ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛʏ

➳

"You're dead, Mikael. Your son already beat you." Lunar hisses at the man who calls himself the destroyer. She is adamant he will not destroy her.

"He is not my son!" Mikael yells, his voice so loud and angry it echoes off the walls. "He's a scourge, a walking symbol of weakness!"

Lunar kicks at the stairs bannister, breaking off a piece of wood to use as a stake before she comes face to face with Nik's evil step-dad once more.

"You know what I think is weak, Mikael?" Lunar purrs. "Threatening a poor, defenceless pregnant girl."

Mikael stalks towards her menacingly now, unimpressed by her words and threats. Lunar steps backwards, until she is pressed against the Abattoir's walls.

"There is no saving that atrocity festering in your womb. Klaus will destroy it, one way or another. Better he dies now, and you along with it!" He moves to grab her into a chokehold, but Lunar somehow manages to duck out of the way.

She plunges the stake into his stomach, before kicking another rail off the banister and racing up the stairs. Mikael quickly recovers, speeding after her and jumping onto the balcony, startling Lunar.

She jumps down off the balcony, landing on her feet like a cat. Mikael follows her, but Lunar is angry now. She spins, her eyes glowing, as she takes aim at him and plunges the stake into his heart.

Mikael yells, and Lunar only jabs the stake in further for good measure. She moves so she's inches away from his face, dropping her voice to a sinister growl. "My daughter has an advantage Klaus never had - she will never, ever know you." Lunar steps away now. "Oh, how the mighty have fallen."

Lunar gasps, opening her eyes to see she's on the table in the courtyard surrounded by Genevieve, Klaus and Elijah. She can taste blood, Klaus' blood, it still covers her face and her neck.

Elijah helps her to sit up as Klaus looks at her with fear still in his eyes, her rubs her shoulder affectionately.

"You're alright, love. You're alright." Klaus whispers out the words, and Lunar wonders if their for her or for himself. She reaches up to clasp his hand in her own, smiling at him to reassure him that she's ok.

"I saw him. He tried to kill me. I saw Mikael." Lunar tells Nik and Elijah, looking at the brother's faces as her words set in.

——————

Lunar is sat on her bed, thinking about the events of the day. It's night now, and the sky is black. She sighs, what an idiot she was. To put the pack before her baby, before her love for Nik. She should've stayed, and not grown power hungry. In truth, Lunar knows she is no better than Ollie.

She looks up now, hearing footsteps. Klaus is stood in the doorway, he reaches up and knocks on her door before walking in. Lunar smiles to herself. Maybe she is crazed or too used to her own psychotic mind, but she can see the man before her is not a monster. Not entirely.

"You've proved quite resilient, little wolf. Fighters, both of you." He half smiles, but there's a nervous energy surrounding him.

Lunar looks up at him, searching his eyes. "She is a fighter, I am not. I put myself in a position where I could be targeted, all because I wanted more power." Lunar sighs, tilting her head in shame. She picks at her painted finger nails. "That's why, I've decided that I'm coming home."

Klaus relaxes now, he comes to sit besides Lunar on the bed. "I'm relieved to hear it, little wolf." He smiles, taking a hand and resting it underneath Lunar's chin, he tilts her head up gently so she finally looks at him. "But it's not your fault, ok? None of this is your fault."