ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ fᴏᴜʀ

➳

Klaus turns to look at Rebekah and Elijah. Lunar as just left, and the three of them remain silent for a moment.

"Come on, have at it!" Klaus says, throwing his arms in the air. "Surely you have something to add."

"Nik, listen." Rebekah tries to get through to him, but it doesn't work.

"When I order werewolves to be hunted to extinction, I expect you to stand aside and let the blood flow." Klaus responds.

"How delightfully democratic of you." Elijah remarks, voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Is that how you're going to patch things up with Lunar?" Rebekah shakes her head. "Who, might I add incase you've forgotten, is a werewolf."

"Lunar's being dramatic, she'll get over it." Klaus snaps back.

Rebekah sighs, rolling her eyes. "You will never learn, will you?" She simply says, folding her arms. "You've destroyed possibly the best thing that's ever happened to you, Nik. For what? More power over the vampires of New Orleans?" Rebekah doesn't hide her disgust.

Klaus glares at her. "And that, little sister, is why I now control the city. I don't let sentimentalities get in the way."

Rebekah doesn't answer her brother, she just glares at him. She can't quite believe he's managed to destroy his relationship with Lunar.

Elijah throws a ring at Klaus, who despite being off guard, catches it. "Do you recognise it?" He asks, changing the subject. "Perhaps you don't, it has been a thousand years since you last saw it grace the hand of our mother."

"The ring was in possession of one of the very wolves whose extinction you just ordered. So naturally, I questioned him. He spoke of a legend. A legend wherein long ago, a chief of theirs had fathered a child belonging to a very powerful witch." Elijah says, searching Klaus' features, hoping to break through. "Their mythology further states that this child, a son, was later transformed into something this clan had never seen before. Something werewolf and vampire."

"Nik, we're trying to make amends. We found remnants of your family. The bloodline of your true father. And we saved them from being slaughtered at the hands of the vampires you command." Rebekah further explains.

"Niklaus, your ambitions have come before this family for far too long. Niklaus, I beseech you please, come home." Elijah adds.

"What home? That pathetic substitute? You see, despite all your doubts, all your attempts to thwart me, I've reclaimed our true home. I took back the entire city." Klaus says, eyeing both his siblings with contempt.

"You have the audacity to boast of your victory when the mother of your child remains your prisoner? Clearly upset over what you have done?" Elijah questions, disappointed.

"It all comes down to the pretty little wolf, doesn't it, brother?" Klaus retorts, jealousy seeping into his voice.

"Stop it, both of you!" Rebekah interjects, raising her voice. She turns her attention to Klaus. "Lunar loved you, Nik. If she turns her back on you, it's only your doing. Not Elijah's."

Klaus stares at his sister for a moment. "We seemed to be doing perfectly fine when he was daggered in a box." He snaps, the words wound Elijah. He had never intended to come between Klaus and Lunar.

"And even if this," he holds up the ring, "is what you say it is, I have had enough of family to last me a lifetime. Why would I possibly want any more?" Klaus leaves Rebekah and Elijah.