ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪxᴛʏ sɪx

Lunar screams, the witches have lifted her onto a table in St Anne's church and are still holding her down, whilst Genevieve assists in delivering her child.

"Let go of me, you bitch!" Lunar shouts at Genevieve, but before the red head can say anything the doors to the church are swinging open.

Lunar turns her head, seeing Klaus. He's bloodied and visibly weak, but he charges into that church with such ferocity her heart skips a beat. An overwhelming sense of relief rushes over Lunar's body as she watches the man she loves. He's come to rescue her.

One of the witch guards moves forwards in an aid to stop him, but Klaus simply beheads him in one swift motion. Before he can get any further, Abigail and Genevieve link hands, using their magic to lift Klaus.

He shouts, but it's no use. They slam him against the church wall above Lunar, pinning him there so he cannot move and he cannot help Lunar. He struggles, shouting, fighting, but he cannot get free.

Lunar closes her eyes for a moment, tears rolling down her eyes. Monique and Abigail anchor the spell holding Klaus, whilst Genevieve goes to assist Lunar once more. The two of them scream, shouting in unison.

The irony, Lunar thinks, two of the most ruthless creatures in the world, rendered helpless and defenceless by a group of witches.

Genevieve grabs the ceremonial athame used for the Harvest ritual, as Lunar and Klaus watch on in terror. "You should know this brings me no joy. I promise I'll make it quick." Genevieve says to them both, but her words offer no comfort to either.

Lunar screams, both from helpless fear and agony, as one of the witch's covers her lower half with a white sheet.

"Let's begin, shall we?" Genevieve asks, although it's not really a question.

- The Abattoir -

Davina enters the compounds courtyard and is horrified to see the atrocious mess surrounding her. Cami and Marcel are tending to the vampires who remain alive, including Diego.

"Cami?" Davina questions, horrified. She looks at Marcel now, noticing he is beaten up and bloody. "Oh god, what happened?"

Marcel is weak from his hybrid bite and out of breath. "Klaus.." he manages to say before Cami interrupts him.

"They fought, and he got bit." She explains, whilst putting a damp cloth to Diego's head, before leaving to tend to the other vampires.

"Marcel.." Davina chokes out, afraid and scared for her friend.

"It's okay! I gave as good as I got. But, we need Klaus' blood to heal." Marcel tells her, he grips the young witch's shoulders in an effort to reassure her, before walking to the fountain where Cami is helping the others.

Davina thinks for a moment, before an idea springs to her mind. "You fought Klaus - did he bleed?" She asks Marcel.

"I got him pretty good, yeah." Marcel nods.

"Where?" Davina asks, determined.

- The French Quarter -

Davina marches down the street to where Klaus and Marcel fought earlier on that night. She stops at the red car, seeing blood splattered over the bonnet. Picking up an empty plastic cup from the floor, Davina sets it on the car and begins to chant.

"Venez sanguis. Venez sanguis. Venez sanguis. Venez-" she lifts her arms, beginning to execute her spell, before she stops, seeing Josh stumbling down the street.