ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ fᴏʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

➳

New Orleans, Jazz Club, 1919

"Okay, next round's on me." Clara says to both Genevieve and Rebekah as they walk through the Jazz Club.

"Clara Summerlin, no! I'll be soused." Genevieve tells her friend.

"Get it while you can - it's the last real gin in the city!" Rebekah tells them.

Clara heads to the bar to order the drinks whilst Rebekah and Genevieve find a table, sitting down.

"You're nothing like I thought you'd be when I first met you. I was brought up to think your kind were, well.." Genevieve trails off, unsure of how to finish without offending her friend.

"An abomination of nature?" Rebekah finishes for her.

"You're anything but! Not just you, your whole family is so..elegant." Genevieve smiles.

Rebekah glances at her brother, Elijah, who's also in the bar. "Yes, I agree, Elijah is quite peerless."

"I don't know.. I mean, he's nice and all, but if I had to go for one Mikaelson boy.." Genevieve blushes, averting her gaze from the blonde sat across from her.

"Klaus? Genevieve, who'd have thought a saintly little witch like you would go for the bad boys? I knew we were destined to be friends." Rebekah grins, Genevieve smiles back sheepishly.

"Well, there's loads of us Mikaelson's. If you like bad boys, you'd love my brother, Kol." Rebekah adds

"And where is this mystery brother of yours?" The witch asks.

"It's complicated. Like all siblings, we've had our ups and downs. Family feuds. In fact, I was thinking of reaching out to someone we haven't seen in a very long while. I was hoping that maybe you could help me contact them. But it would have to be a surprise. No one could know." Rebekah says, almost falling over the words.

"Of course. Do you want me to find your brother, Kol?" Genevieve asks.

Rebekah takes a deep breath, summoning her inner courage before she speaks. "Actually, I'd like you find Mikael... our father."

Present Day, Fleur-De-Lis Sanatorium

"Enough of your lies!" Klaus shouts, having been in Genevieve's mind, reliving the memories with her.

"Don't dismember the messenger. Part of you must have known, suspected at least. Your father came to New Orleans in 1919 to kill you, did he not? And as the city burned, he nearly succeeded." Genevieve replies.

"My family and I have done some terrible things to each other over the years, but Rebekah would not call my father!" Klaus shoots back. "No matter how angry she was."

"It's sweet of you to believe that, to believe in her, but by the time we're done you'll know just how wrong you are." The red headed witch tells him. "Are you ready to see some more proof?"

Klaus doesn't respond, but Genevieve re-links their minds anyway. Transporting them both back to 1919.

Genevieve is in one of the New Orleans's cemeteries, performing a spell whilst Rebekah and Marcel stand behind her; looking on. The witch takes a newspaper article with a photo of Marcel and Klaus at a Jazz Club. She crumples it, before picking up a wooden blade to lift the flame from the candle, bringing the fire to the newspaper and burning it. Klaus watches on from inside of Genevieve's mind, a gasp escaping his lips.