ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ

➳

Lunar enters the crypt at the Lafayette Cemetery where Lenore is still chained up, with Oliver standing guard. The python Gia stole has wrapped itself around the hour glass, which is still three quarters of the way full.

Lunar walks past Oliver to the witch, breaking the chains to release Lenore. She groans, beaten up and bruised.

"They worked her over pretty good." Oliver tells her, and Lunar all but rolls her eyes. She has eyes, she can see that.

"We need to get her out of here." Lunar states, holding one of Lenore's arms, ready to lift the witch to her feet when Oliver begins to frantically protest.

"Huh? Then what? They'll know that I let her go! Look, you asked me to infiltrate Cassie's coven, I'm not gonna blow my cover for some has been, hippie witch!" Lenore glares at him. "No offence!" Ollie adds.

Lunar let's go of the witch now, stalking over to Ollie. "The deal was you do what I say, and you live." She threatens. "Now, I'd so hate to end your tedious little life.." Lunar eyes the tools Finn had used to torture Lenore, and Oliver follows her gaze.

"Okay! Okay!" He holds up his hands in some form of surrender, and Lunar smirks. "Do you have a plan?" He asks, a little nervously.

A devilish look spreads into her dark eyes now. "Matter of fact, I do." Folding her arms, Lunar looks around. "We could make it look like you got jumped, tell Cassie that the witch's people came to rescue her?" Lunar suggests now.

Ollie narrows his eyes. "Let me guess, you, uh, wanna beat the hell out of me? Make it look convincing?" He replies sarcastically.

"It'd only hurt a smidge." She holds her fingers inches apart and grins.

Oliver laughs weakly and sighs. "Okay, just... not the face, okay?" He pleads.

Lunar nods, not really listening to what Ollie says, as she smiles and rubs her hands together.

- The Abattoir -

Elijah pours Finn a glass of wine, handing it to his brother who takes it.

Finn wafts the wine around in the glass. "What an aromatic Bordeaux." He remarks.

"Well, it was a challenge to find a good paring. What wine goes well with treachery?" Klaus shoots back sarcastically.

"Don't pout, brother. Tonight is meant to be a happy occasion!" Finn declares, before he whispers into one of the server's ears. Klaus watches on with skepticism.

"What exactly are we celebrating?" Elijah asks now.

"Why, my return, of course! Remember, I spent nine hundred years - right? - lying daggered in a box. I'm rather enjoying this new body. Strolling about your lovely city that you've made your home. But, do tell me - what'd I miss? Regale me with your contributions to society! Medicine? Philosophy? Art?" Klaus rolls his eyes at Finn's words. "Or, have you two merely cut a path of destruction across time?" Finn taunts.

"The last time we met, you were helping our mother try to annihilate the lot of us! Let's not throw stones in glass houses." Klaus shoots back.

"Are we expecting another guest?" Elijah asks now, gesturing to the extra place at the table that's being set up by one of the compelled staff.

"Mother will sit at the head. And, as for the seat across from me, that's reserved for another of our clan. Care to wager an educated guess? How about a paranoid one?" Finn smirks, clasping his hands together underneath his chin.