ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ

Kol has returned to the Mikaelson compound, where he is filling Davina and Marcel in on the plan.

"Done! As per your request. Miss Angelica Barker. Good cheekbones and a tummy you can bounce a quarter off! She will be Rebekah's new host body, not Cami." Kol tells them.

Cami and Hayley descend down the stairs now, into the courtyard where Kol, Marcel and Davina are.

"Who's Angelica Barker?" Davina asks.

"One of my vampire potentials. Had to turn her down. She was too lost." Marcel explains.

"Does she know what's about to happen to her?" Cami asks, nervous.

"It's better they don't know, love." Kol tells her.

Marcel sighs. "Hopefully, we won't have to use her."

"Hopefully. But, then, my mother is a wily and vindictive woman. Which is why I've got to ask something else of you." Kol says, looking at Marcel.

"You're already getting the diamond." He shoots back.

"Which I'm thrilled about. But, in order for me to help you, I need access to my mother's hourglass.. which is in the lycée. With my mother." Kol explains.

"So?" Marcel asks, confused.

"Well, I haven't been back in a while, and the only way she won't suspect me is if I bring back the thing I was sent to find." Kol replies.

"And that is...?" Marcel gestures for him to elaborate.

"The white oak stake." Kol nervously replies.

"Are you out of your mind?" Marcel retorts.

"Kaleb!" Davina scolds, unimpressed.

"Look, it's the only way she's going to trust me! She doesn't want to kill them, she just wants to make sure that the weapon doesn't fall into the wrong hands." Kol hastily tries to explain, whilst Marcel and Davina share a worried glance.

"You do realise you're not the only one with a deranged, psychotic mother?" Hayley speaks up now, still holding a half empty glass of wine, her voice a little tipsy. "If you try to kill Klaus, Lunar will have your head."

"I swear, as soon as she's gone, I'll give it right back to Klaus." Kol replies.

"Like hell you will. Deals off." Marcel tells him.

Suddenly, there's the sound of footsteps as Klaus enters the courtyard.

"Kol! Whatever grudges you hold against me, we're doing this for the good of our family. Do I have your word that, for once, you will honour that?" Klaus asks him.

"You have my word, Nik. Swear on the face of us all." Kol promises.

"I'll get the stake." Klaus smiles.

- The lycée -

Kol has returned to the lycée, where he's met his mother and is beginning to explain his absence.