ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ fɪfᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

➳

The bright sunlight filters through the Abattoir's windows, easing Lunar awake and warming her skin. She stretches, opening her eyes and blinking as they adjust. She recalls last night, after Klaus had signed the treaty, smiling to herself.

Last night

"I added it for you, little wolf." Klaus tells her, as though he's read her mind. He wraps his arms around her waist, kissing her neck.

She smiles, feeling her body relax into his. He reaches up, unzipping her tightly fitting dress that hugs her body perfectly. Slowly, Lunar turns to face him now, her lips find his, hungrily.

He lowers the dress off her shoulders, down her waist and Lunar steps out of it. She, too, begins to undress him. Throwing his jacket aside, tearing off his shirt. Klaus lifts her, carrying her the short distance to the bed with speed. He puts her down and she lays there, as he stalks over to her, a devilish smile on his face.

Present day

"You're up early. After the night we had, I expected you to sleep in." Lunar teases, seeing Klaus is up and already working on a new painting. He's been painting a lot these last few days, she realises.

"Yes, well, morning sun offers the best light." Klaus tells her, his eyes not straying from his artwork.

Lunar goes to move, ready to climb out of bed but he stops her. "Hold still. I'm almost finished."

Lunar smiles, lying back down. "I hope you get my nose right this time." She teases him. "And, please don't make it too racy."

"Modesty is for the weak." Klaus grins, taking a moment to glance at her before continuing painting.

Lunar moves now, climbing out of bed, she grabs a robe and wraps it around herself as she does so. She tries to look at the painting, but Klaus moves the canvas out of her view, hiding it from her.

She sighs, looking up at him with puppy dog eyes. "Aren't you going to show me?"

"The painting is a gift. A token of our pact." Klaus smiles at her. "You pulled off your part of the deal exquisitely."

Lunar smiles now, too. "What can I say? I'm not just a pretty face, and I am a woman of many wonders."

"Yes, little wolf, you are." Klaus kisses her, but Lunar pulls away before one thing can lead to another.

"We just need to work on the witch now." Lunar says, thinking of their promise to Jackson about the moonlight rings.

"Leave that to me, love." Klaus reassures her. She nods, heading down the hall to her room to get dressed. Pulling on a pair of black skinny jeans and a basic white t-shirt, Lunar steps back out onto the landing.

"What is that noise?" She asks, seeing Klaus step out onto the landing too. He overlooks the balcony, there are workmen banging and drilling in the courtyard. He doesn't answer Lunar's question, instead descending down the staircase with the brunette in hot pursuit.

"Enough with all the racket!" Klaus shouts, Elijah is in the courtyard overseeing the renovation.

"Is there a problem, brother?" He asks, before turning to the workmen. "Gentlemen, please." They leave.

"I agreed to a general sprucing up, not a bloody three ring circus." Klaus tells Elijah.

"Marcel and his minions abused our home for the better part of a century. Now, you might be content to live in squalor. I'm not." Elijah replies.