ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

➳

Lunar watches from her bedroom window as Klaus leaves. He hasn't spoken to her since last night and she can't blame him.

She broke his trust.

Lunar sighs, picking up a book off the shelf and carrying it downstairs with her. Rebekah is sat at a table, typing away on a laptop. She looks up when she see's the werewolf.

"I see you've finally discovered my brother's mean side." Rebekah says, not hiding her amusement.

Lunar flops down onto a chair, looking at the blonde vampire. "He's not being mean." Lunar tells her, opening the book onto the first page.

She continues to look down as she speaks. "He's ignoring me." Lunar isn't at all pleased with how her heart sinks at the thought, the way it starts to shatter. She wasn't supposed to be like this, to feel like this.

"Don't take it personal." Rebekah tells her.

"That's easy for you to say." Lunar snaps, harshly. "He's probably off with that stupid blonde from Marcel's party." She inwardly cringes at her own jealousy.

"Cami?" Rebekah asks and shakes her head. "Cami is just part of the plan, she's our way to get to Marcel." Rebekah softens for a moment. "If he is with her, it's only business."

"I hope your right, Rebekah, I really do." Lunar sighs.

Several minutes later Agnes, one of the elder witches, arrives. She's been assigned to keep an eye on Lunar; much to the annoyance of Lunar.

"It's time we get you checked over." Agnes says, slapping her hands together.

Lunar looks up, shocked at the statement. "I feel fine." She dismisses the idea, returning her attention to her book.

"You are overdue a checkup." Agnes insists.

Lunar looks up and frowns. "What am I gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound?" Lunar questions. "A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch - nothing to see here!" She exclaims, throwing her arms in the air.

Rebekah looks up and eyes Lunar. "A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours."

"Nobody asked you." Lunar snaps, her glare hardening.

"I know a doctor out in the Bayou." Agnes interjects. "Off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours,  just us. Vampires will never get word of it."

Lunar eyes the witch, unsure what to make of this. Rebekah clearly thinks she should go though. Rolling her eyes Lunar sighs. "Okay fine. Bayou-baby-Doctor it is then." She stands up, heading out to Agnes' car.

Rebekah continues her search online, scanning maps for the secret attic location of Marcel's witch and her brother.

Klaus entires the room, eyeing the laptop screen from over his sister's shoulders.

"Please, sister, tell me your not still at it with the internet search. How does one begin anyway?" He walks away, pouring himself a scotch. "Just type in 'anonymous attic'?" He smirks.

"Someone has to find Elijah, even if I have to search every bloody attic in New Orleans." Rebekah shoots back.

"Like looking for a needle in a rather large pile of needles." Klaus remarks.

"I remember details about the attic Marcel took me to." Rebekah says. "There were shutters on the windows behind Elijah's coffin."

"Well, That should narrow it down immensely." Klaus replies, sarcastically. "Myself, I prefer actual strategy as opposed to mind-numbing labor. Marcel's delay in returning our brother makes me suspect he's no longer in charge of the situation. If Davina's loyalty to Marcel is strained, perhaps the young witch will be open to discussing a new alliance." Klaus says, thinking of Lunar's pack.