ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴇɴ

Klaus throws a match on the bonfire Rebekah has built, the wood catches light and flames billow up into the sky.

Lunar watches on, cradling Hope in her arms. "How are you doing?" She asks Elijah, who's stood next to her.

"As good as can be expected." Elijah replies.

Before Lunar can reply further, Rebekah is rushing out of the house to join them. "Hey! Look what I found!" She holds up a Polaroid camera. "I wonder if it'll work."

Klaus sighs. "Oh, bloody hell!" He turns, hands on hips, facing away from his siblings and Lunar.

Lunar bites back a laugh as Rebekah joins them. "Come on, let's try it! Hey, Nik, do you think you can cram us all into a selfie?" Rebekah asks.

"Oh, Niklaus is a virtuoso at cramming his siblings into confined spaces." Elijah remarks.

"Well, I'm just glad I travelled hundreds of miles to visit my mentally ill brother, only to have him insult me to my face!" Nik shoots back.

"Oh, come on, just take the picture!" Rebekah thrusts the camera at Klaus and reluctantly he sighs, taking it.

Holding up the camera to fit the five of them in, he takes the picture. Everyone smiles, bar Nik who's face remains emotionless.

"It's not a bloody mug shot." Lunar mumbles at him once the photos been taken. He rolls his eyes at her.

"Aww, see? I wish that it could always be like this." Rebekah says, watching the photo develop.

"If wishes were horses.." Elijah starts to say.

"Beggars would ride." Klaus finishes for him. They all take a moment to happily look at the photography before he sighs.

"You realise we'll have to burn it. You want me to make a wish for the family, Rebekah? I wish it didn't have to be like this. But, it does." He hands the photo to Lunar, and she looks at him with such sadness, such empathy, he has to look away. "We can't risk it falling into the wrong hands."

Lunar looks at Klaus, tears shining in her eyes. She looks down at the photograph, sighing. He is right, she knows he's right. She just wishes it wasn't like this too.

"It won't be like this forever." Lunar whispers, before reluctantly throwing the photograph into the bonfire.

"No! This isn't right." Rebekah angrily pipes up. "We deserved this. We earned this. I won't let it slip away."

Lunar, Klaus and Elijah all look at her with concern, faces etched with a mutual unhappiness of the situation, as they wonder where Rebekah is going with this.

"I know what to do to stop Esther." Rebekah declares.

"Rebekah, no." Elijah says, visibly tense.

"I'm going to take her deal. And, when I do, I'm taking her down with me." Rebekah tells them.

"Woah, rewind." Lunar holds up a hand. "I think we need to go inside and discuss this properly, before you run off playing heroine."