ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ sɪx

➳

Climbing up the stairs to her room, Lunar casts a quick glance at Klaus. "Have you had any luck finding the witch?" She asks him.

He seems agitated, distracted. "No." He replies, his eyes barely meeting her own. "Marcel is getting antsy, if we don't find her it could ruin everything."

"It'll be okay." Lunar tries to reassure him. "Go to the festival, she might be there."

Klaus nods, reaching out to touch the brunette now. "I know how much you wanted to go to the parade today, I'm sorry."

She smiles. "It's okay, I don't mind." Lunar stands onto her tip-toes, kissing Klaus quickly. "Now, go find that little brat." She smirks.

Klaus laughs, descending down the stairs. "Don't cause any trouble." He tells her as he leaves.

Lunar only shakes her head and smiles, watching as he goes before making her way to her room. Her phone vibrates in her pocket and she shuts the door, looking at the caller ID with a frown. What the bloody hell did Sophie Devereaux want?

"What the hell do you want?" She answers, pressing the phone to her ear as she begins to absentmindedly pace the room.

"I know you don't trust me, but you need to listen. Everything's about to change. Davina is on the loose." Sophie says.

Lunar laughs. "You must think you're so clever." She sneers, rolling her eyes as she flops down onto the bed.

Sophie ignores Lunar's sarcastic remarks. "I need something from you so that the witches can complete the Harvest."

"On what planet would I help you and the witches?" Lunar questions, wondering if Sophie is totally deluded. "All you've done is hex me left, right and centre."

"You'll help me because if we don't complete the Harvest, our access to magic will fade for good, which doesn't bode well for your family." Sophie says, a satisfied tone to her voice. She knows Lunar will do anything to help her family.

Lunar is silent for a moment, unsure of what to say. "And I'm supposed to believe you're suddenly going to help me now, why?" She questions skeptically.

"Because my bloodline executed the curse. Help me complete the Harvest and I'll undo the curse for you." Sophie bargains.

"I'm supposed to just take your word for it, am I?" Lunar retorts. "In case you'd forgotten, your witch friends tried to kill my baby. I owe you lunatics nothing." Lunar goes to hang up, but Sophie's words stop her.

"Please, Lunar!" There's a pleading tone to the witche's voice. "If you don't help me you'll loose any chances at getting your family back. You have to trust me."

Trust. Lunar sighs, she doesn't know how to trust.

"Fine. But, god help me, if I find out you've so much as lied to me for even a moment I will rip your heart out and feed it to your friends. Do I make myself clear?" Lunar hisses into the phone, her voice sinister and threatening.

Sophie is yet again reminded that despite her sweet voice, her easy smile and the innocent look in her eyes that Lunar Franklin is dangerous. She is no better than Klaus Mikaelson, she just kills her victims slowly. She tortures them with false hope.

"I understand." Sophie manages to croak out.

Lunar smiles. "What do you need me to do?"

"I need to consecrate the remains of a powerful witch so I can absorb their magic. I know of one whose body was never found. Her name is Celeste DuBois. I believe you and she have a friend in common?" Sophie says.