ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

Finn stands on the shop floor, opposite Marcel. He watches the vampire with boredom, holding a knife, waiting for him to wake up.

Eventually, Marcel gasps awake. "Good. You're awake." Finn says, holding up a finger. "I've just one more question."

"Ok. Let my guys go free, and I'll tell you whatever it is you want to know." Marcel bargains.

Finn chuckles. "How selfless, but we've already established that you don't know anything of any consequence. However, it's a common belief among the werewolves that you were, in fact, the last person to see Niklaus' child alive. You were in possession of the baby's corpse."

Marcel glares at Finn, who continues talking. "So tell me, how exactly did the baby die?" He questions. Marcel thinks for a moment before frowning when he realises he cannot come up with an answer.

"You don't remember. You don't remember because you were compelled to forget. Why would Niklaus compel away the truth from the vampire he thinks of as his adopted son, what.. besides a desire to protect his own daughter?" Finn says. Marcel sighs, as he realises what Finn is trying to say.

"She's still alive... and now you and your vampires are gonna help me find her." Finn grins, whilst Marcel glares at him furiously.

- The Abattoir -

Lunar is sat cross legged on her bed, her mother's diary laid down in front of her. She flicks the pages, rapidly scanning the words.

17th April 1973;
I saw M.G again today. I don't know what it is about him but I can't get him out of my head. He's dangerous, but not in a way that scares me. He's exciting.

Lunar practically gags at the thought of Marcel and her mother, before turning the pages again. Suddenly, there are footsteps in the doorway.

"Anything exciting?" Rebekah asks her, walking over to her bed and sitting on the edge.

Lunar looks at her. "More like revolting." She pulls a face and Rebekah laughs.

"You know, there was a time when you would've shut that book and stormed right out of here at the sight of me." She remarks.

"Believe me Rebekah, it was me not you." Lunar tells her.

Rebekah smiles before moving across the bed to sit besides Lunar. She peers over the brunette's shoulder at the diary. "What are you reading, anyway?" She asks.

"It's my mom's diary." Lunar says, a little numbly.

"Oh, cool. Any juicy secrets?" Rebekah grins.

"That depends if you count screwing a certain vampire king in the 70s as a secret." Lunar replies, the words a little harsher than intended.

Rebekah looks at her wide-eyed. "Marcel?" She drops her voice to a hushed whisper.

Lunar nods. "It's disgusting right!" She declares.

"Speak for yourself!" Rebekah shoots back.

"No, I didn't mean that, I just meant.. she's my mom." Lunar pulls a face, and Rebekah eventually laughs.