ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

At Marcel's apartment, he and Klaus are sat on the sofa's, drinking and playing Go; whilst discussing how to take back the French Quarter from Francesca Guerrera.

"The wolves have the numbers. Back in 1925, the Guerrera pack was maybe a hundred. We went guerrilla warfare on their asses and wiped them out over a four day fight. But, we're not just talking Guerrera's now. They've had wolves coming in from packs all over." Marcel says.

"Well, we don't have to hit them all. Only the twelve with the rings that take me out every full moon." Klaus reasons.

"Wait, you want to find twelve rings?" Lunar climbs the stairs and comes to stand in the doorway as Marcel is talking. "Go out and chop off the hands of every wolf you find 'til you get what you want! I mean, come on! You taught me that!"

Klaus smiles, before startling at the female laughter coming from the doorway. He almost drops his drink at the sight of her, fierce and brave, laughing.

"You won't hear me say this often, but Marcel, that's ingenious." Lunar grins, pointing at him as she praises him before helping herself to a drink.

Marcel raises his eyebrows, taking in the shocked expression on Klaus' face. He asks a silent question with his hands, but Klaus shakes his head, not wanting to discuss it.

Lunar flops down on the sofa besides Klaus, drink in hand. She leans forwards and moves one of the stones on the Go board.

"You look..well, Lunar." Marcel chooses his words carefully.

"Hmm." She leans back, lazily lifting her legs up onto the sofa, lying them across Nik. "As do you, Marcel." Her voice is dripping with sarcasm.

"What are you doing here?" Klaus snaps, he pushes her legs off and she glares at him angrily.

"Drinking and having a chat with a mate and an enemy. Which are you, Nik?" Lunar retorts.

He glares at her. "You need to go."

Lunar only laughs. "What's the matter? Afraid to look at me? Afraid to be reminded of all that pain? News flash, Nik! I lost our daughter too!" She shouts.

Klaus grows furious, lunging for her and vamp-speeding her over to the nearby wall. Lunar's drink falls from her hands in the process, glass smashing. She looks him in the eye, her heart hammering away in her chest.

Lunar knows he can hear it clear as day, but she does not care.

"Ok, enough." Marcel stands now, prying Klaus away from Lunar before the situation can escalate. "If you two love birds can't be civilised one of you needs to leave."

Lunar and Klaus stare at each other. "I'll choose, if you want." Marcel adds.

"No. It's fine. I'll go." Lunar turns to leave, annoyed. That hadn't gone to plan. But, what could she of expected. She and Nik were both too angry.

She stops in the doorway. "I just have one question. Why are you and Elijah stalling?" Lunar asks.

"Because it's possible the wolves are in possession of something very dangerous to us." Klaus replies, it's the most he's said to her in months; asides from their arguments.

Lunar looks at him, trying to process what this dangerous possession is, when Marcel speaks instead. "They have the stake that can kill you." He says, a little stunned.

"It went missing... the night I lost my child." Klaus says, before remembering Lunar is there. "Our child." He manages to choke out, and Lunar feels like she could crumble right there. "So, it's in play, and the thought of that makes me very nervous. Especially on nights like tonight."