ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

➳

Lunar steps into the Abattoir courtyard, Elijah is here. She swallows, unsure of what to say or do. He's still not really spoken to her since finding out she betrayed his trust.

"Are you ready to forgive me yet?" Lunar breaks the awkward silence that stretches out between them.

Elijah turns, eyeing the brunette. "It's not that easy, Lunar." He tells her.

Lunar tries not to roll her eyes. "Elijah, what do you want me to say?" She flings her arms out and shrugs. "Sorry for reading your journals? Sorry for telling Sophie about Celeste? Because I'm not."

Elijah frowns. "You're doing a fantastic job, keep going." He gestures at her with his hand, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"I'm not going to lie to you!" Lunar snaps. "I did it because I had to, to save my family. And yes, it backfired and for that I'm sorry. But, you would've done it to save Rebekah or Klaus, so stop being so bloody hypocritical." Lunar sighs. "After everything that happened today, I don't know why we can't see past this."

"And you of all people should know why. During my fever in the Bayou, you were inside my mind. You know what Celeste means to me." Elijah shoots back at her, forever remaining calm; which Lunar finds infuriates her even more.

"Don't you mean meant to you?" Lunar tilts her head.

"No. Do you have any idea how rare love is? In a thousand years, I have found it but twice, and when I have, I have honoured it." Elijah tells her.

Lunar thinks about the words for a moment. How many times has she been in love? Proper love? She thinks about what she feel's for Klaus; wondering if either of them are honouring their love. Are they just two cast-offs looking for an escape? Will what they have ever be anything more than all consuming passion and mind numbing arguments?

"I know what a promise means to you, Elijah, but you made it 200 years ago." Lunar shrugs. "I live in the now. I've had to survive, alone, since I was fourteen. It's all I've ever had. So if I feel something, I act. If I want something, I take it." She lowers her voice to an almost sinister whisper as she begins to step away from him. "I won't choose the dead over the living, so why are you? I'm sorry, Elijah, but I don't regret what I've done." She leaves, climbing the stairs.

She follows the sounds of distant voices, eventually finding Klaus and Rebekah.

"I knew Elijah's plan was mad, but I really thought it would work." Rebekah is saying as Lunar comes to lean against the doorframe.

"So did I." Klaus agrees with his sister. "I was sure Davina would survive. There was so much life in her."

"What about the power?" Lunar speaks, the two Originals finally looking at her. "Four were supposed to rise, and none did. Where did all that power go?"

Klaus and Rebekah frown, as they think about this fact. "That's a fair question." Klaus says, wondering what's in store for them next.

- Lafayette Cemetery -

Sabine stands in the shadows of a crypt, performing a spell with a voodoo doll. As the spell takes hold, three bodies begin to rise from the dead in various locations around the French Quarter

The witches walk through the dark, noisy streets of New Orleans. Unfamiliar with the new world they've stepped into, and unsure as to why they have been called upon now.

Eventually, they meet on a quiet street.

"Why are we here?" Genevieve, a red headed witch who was born over hundred years before, asks.