ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ fᴏᴜʀ

Jackson is chopping firewood when Lunar returns to the trailer, with Hayley.

He stops what he's doing and rushes over. "Oh my god, are you okay?" Jack helps Lunar support Hayley, leading her to the chairs surrounding the fire.

"I'm fine, really. You don't need to fuss." Hayley replies, sitting down.

Lunar sighs. "You're lucky I'm more proactive than your father, that's all I'm saying."

Jackson glares at her. "It's not my fault Esther took her! You're the one who took her son's to Klaus like some sort of prize."

"Don't give me a lecture on morals right now, crocodile dundee." Lunar snaps back.

"Guys! Please." Hayley raises her voice, rubbing her forehead. "I could really do with some quiet right now."

"Right, sorry." Lunar shoots Jack an annoyed glare. "I'll just get you some water." Lunar smiles at her daughter, walking over to Jackson's trailer.

Jack shakes his head, watching as she goes. "I haven't seen her like that since.." he trails off. "Well, since we were kids."

"Like what? Murderous and moody?" Hayley remarks with a small grin.

Jackson laughs. "No, she's being sympathetic and kind." He replies. "You know, she told me that Lunar was dead, but I'm not so sure." He returns to the wood now, carrying on chopping it.

Meanwhile, inside the trailer Lunar is rummaging through the cupboards. "Where do you keep your glasses, Jack?" She mutters to herself.

Stretching to one of the high cupboards, Lunar knocks Jackson's leather bound notebook off the counter. Freezing, she stares down at the open page, willing herself to not read it.

She does anyway.

Picking up the book and leaning against the counter, Lunar's eyes widen as she takes in the words on the page.

She feels lied to. Lied to by her parents. By Jack. By everyone. Slamming the notebook shut, Lunar desperately tries to calm her heart rate as her breathing becomes rapid and sharp.

Growing angry, she takes the notebook and throws it before slinging the contents off the draining board with one swift sweep of her arms. Shouting, screaming, her head feels like it's going to explode.

"What the hell? What are you doing?" Jackson enters now, having heard his plates smashing.

"You lied!" Lunar shouts at him now, picking the notebook off the floor and waving it at him. "You all lied to me!"

"Lunar, please, calm down. Breathe. What is this about?" Jackson eases towards her.

"Why don't I jog your memory, hmm?" She snaps, opening the notebook and beginning to read from it. "The werewolves' power can be traced back to the myth of the Unification Ceremony, a ritual that bestowed certain unique abilities onto every member of the pack."

She throws the book at him now and he's so shocked by the sudden outburst he doesn't have time to duck. "Do you believe this? Have you always known about this?" Lunar questions, feeling betrayed.

"I didn't at first. And then Ansel swore he saw it with his own eyes. And then he dies, and I found out he was resurrected from a thousand years ago, which means he was alive to see it!" Jackson replies.

Lunar looks at him with horror. "No. Mom would've told me, she would've.." she trails off now, unsure of how that sentence finishes.

"Your mother believed in love, and she wanted you to marry for love. She wanted us to fall in love, Lunar, but she never ever wanted you to marry me because it was your duty to do so." Jackson says, softly.