ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

➳

At Marcel's loft the small vampire community are enjoying life. Gia stands against the wall with her eyes closed, whilst another guy throws a dart at her. She catches it before it can hit her face.

Laughing, she holds out her hand to the fellow vampire. "Pay up!" The vampire hands her a $100 dollar bill.

Across the room, Josh is checking his phone for any new messengers on the dating app he's joined under the name NolaYolo019.

Marcel walks over to him now, handing him a drink. "Any prospects?" He asks.

"Well, since you asked.. Yeah, there's this one guy. We've only been messaging so far, but.. I think I like him. Like, really like him." Josh admits.

"So, what's the problem?" Marcel asks.

"Oh, I don't know.. I might have left a few things out of the old profile. For example, what has two thumbs and drinks blood to survive? Oh right, this guy!" He shoots Marcel a double thumbs up.

Marcel laughs, before taking a sip of his drink. After a moment, there's a loud crash as someone is thrown through the windows. It's one of Marcel's vampires, who appears to have had his throat ripped out.

Suddenly, the loft is swarming with werewolves, led by Oliver and Aiden.

"The hell is wrong with you people? We didn't do anything!" Gia shouts at them, angrily.

"This is nothing your kind hasn't done to us. Learn your history." Aiden tells her.

"I don't know who the hell you are, but we had a deal. Vampires stay out of the Quarter, everybody's cool." Marcel shoots back.

"That's not good enough anymore." Aiden replies.

"Oh yeah? Says who? You? Or that witch you all answer to now? Lenore, right? Never thought I'd see the day - proud werewolves on a witch's leash. I hope those rings you're wearing are worth it." Marcel taunts.

Aiden just smirks, nodding to the werewolves behind him. Instantly, the werewolves descend upon the vampires. One grabs a vampire, biting him on the neck. Another werewolf goes after Josh and it takes all of Josh's strength to hold him off.

"That's enough!" Aiden commands.

Josh manages to push the werewolf off him without getting bitten.

"Your privileges here have been revoked. Permanently. So, when we come back, you need to be gone. Because next time? I won't call them off." Aiden warns, Marcel only glares at him. "Consider this a warning, Marcel. It's the only one your gonna get."

- The Abattoir -

The Crescent werewolves have congregated in the courtyard, and Lunar is amongst them. Her phone pressed to her ear as she listens to what Oliver has to say.

"I said collect information, Ollie, not stage a bloody revolution!" Lunar shouts down the phone.

"What was I supposed to do? Openly defy Lenore's orders! That's like asking to be killed." Oliver shoots back.

"So you choose to defy me instead? Wrong choice, Ollie. You've just made my hit list." Lunar hangs up the line before Oliver can even tell her about Aiden.

Lunar and Aiden had always been close as children; best friends some would say. It was no secret Lunar had fancied him, before he'd come out, of course. As a group, the four of them were always quite a team.

Now, it seemed they were all going in separate directions. Being pulled, this way and that. And Jackson was still nowhere to be found.

"Brother! Niklaus!" Elijah shouts as Lunar angrily shoves her phone away.