ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

➳

"Get out." Lunar snaps, starting to back away as the man steps into the plantation house. He ignores her shouts, watching her carefully.

"I see your just as deranged as ever." Oliver tells her. "Relax, Lunar."

"Relax? Relax?!" She shouts, feeling her eyes burn amber as her anger increases. "Don't tell me to relax when I came back and you all shunned me."

"You came back?" Rebekah interrupts, the two werewolves turn to look at her, almost forgetting she was there.

"Yes. It was the first full moon after the curse had been put in place, and the next fifty after that." Lunar tells Rebekah. Her brown eyes shine with unshed tears as she remembers those days, months, years.

"You don't deserve to ever call yourself one of us." Oliver snaps.

"I was your alpha!" Lunar yells. "I may of been only fourteen but I knew what I was born to do. I was trying to protect the pack."

Oliver laughs now. "You was only protecting yourself, and you know that. We have a new alpha now."

Lunar feels like she's been punched in the stomach, but she isn't stupid. Of course they'd have a new alpha, of course they'd of moved on.

"Who?" She manages to choke out. "Who's your new alpha?"

The door opens as she say's the words, another werewolf stepping into the plantation house.

"Me." He says, walking towards them now. Lunar feels her breath catch in her chest as though someone as ripped her heart out.

"Hello, Lunar." Jackson smiles, moving closer to her. He reaches out to touch her, pull her in for a hug maybe, but she shoves him off quickly. There's fear in her eyes as she looks at him, as though she has seen a ghost.

"Who are you?" Rebekah asks, utterly confused.

Lunar turns to look at the blonde Original, a single tear escapes the werewolf's eyes. Rebekah hasn't ever seen her so shattered, and she's left wondering what Lunar's family actually did to her.

"He's my betrothed." Lunar tells Rebekah, the words feel foreign on her tongue. She wants to choke on them.

"What is this, the 1900s?" Rebekah shoots at them, it was news to her that Lunar even had a husband-to-be. She wonders how Nik would handle this.

"It's ridiculous, I know. Which is why I left in the first place." Lunar tells Rebekah, turning her back on Oliver and Jackson.

"The reason you killed your parents, you mean." Oliver mutters.

"Somebody shut him up before I tear his tongue from his head." Lunar snaps, spinning around and pointing at Oliver.

"You've been spending too much time with vampires, Lune, you're starting to act like them." Oliver smirks, enjoying winding her up.

"Ok, that's enough." Jackson tries to reason with them but Lunar is laughing, hysterically.

"Lune." She repeats the nickname Oliver used for her. "How ironic that my childhood nickname was that, I am a lunatic after all." Before they can stop her she's reaching for a glass, smashing it.

Picking up a shard of glass she lunges at Oliver, pressing the edge against his neck. "Now, which body part shall I cut out first?" She whispers, smirking. A small laugh escapes her lips.

Rebekah moves forwards, gently prying Lunar away from Oliver and taking the broken glass off the werewolf. She gives her a firm look, but doesn't say a word.