ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

➳

Klaus, Marcel and Lunar stand amongst the chaos of the bar room in the Abattoir. The attackers are now gone, the furniture has been knocked out of place. There's a burnt skeleton on the floor.

Lunar stands by one of the broken windows, trying to get the smell of burned flesh out of her lungs as she listens to the two men talk.

"Dammit, dammit, dammit!" Marcel yells, angry. He flips one of the tables, it crashes and breaks. Lunar winces against the blow.

"This is on you!" He turns, pointing at Klaus. "Now that you're in charge, these are your guys laying dead. Your guys. You're gonna run this city, that better mean something to you, otherwise no one worth a damn is gonna follow you. No one!" He turns, beginning to leave.

Lunar watches as Klaus smiles. "I was beginning to worry about you. I don't think I could've taken anymore of this differential nonsense. I mean clearly I underestimated the fraction, that won't happen again." He says, Marcel turning to look at the original again now.

"But, tell me; now that we've arrived to this point, now that they have come into our home, visited this upon our people," Klaus looks at Lunar for a moment, "endangered the life of Lunar and my child." She smiles at him. "How would you counsel me to respond?"

Marcel listens, thinking for only a moment before responding. "Let's go kill them all."

————

Lunar climbs the stairs to the attic of St. Anne's church, creeping silent so as not to alert Davina to her arrival.

"I mean, totally led Klaus into a trap that was the most epic fail of all time, so yeah, kinda crapping my pants right now, figuratively. So far." Lunar recognises the voice to be Josh's.

"It's okay. You can trust Marcel. And if Klaus tries to hurt you - I'll hurt him." The girl, who must be Davina, responds.

Lunar is taken just by how petite and child-like she really is.

"I'm sure if you could actually stop Klaus, you would've done it already." She folds her arms, leaning against the doorframe as Josh and Davina turn to look at her now.

Davina studies her. "You're Lunar. Klaus' wife."

Lunar almost chokes on her laughter. "Pregnant, yes. Married, no." She corrects the witch. "And you must be all-powerful super witch, Davina?" Lunar remarks back, before shifting her gaze to Josh.

"Nice to see you again, Josh; Newbie vampire voted most likely to die." Lunar smirks.

Josh nods nervously. "Fantastic."

"Oh, I'm sorry about him." She says, looking at Davina. "He pretty much witnessed my torture in action; wasn't pretty was it, honey?"

Davina glares at her, and Lunar is almost afraid her intense gaze may be the source of some weird spell, but thank the heavens nothing happens.

"It would suck for Klaus to find your still lurking around." She tells Josh, her voice holding a sinister edge. "I came here to see if we could make a deal, little witch, so what do you say?"

Lunar folds her arms across her chest, a smug smirk on the werewolf's face as she watches Davina's features.

"Fine. What sort of deal?" The teenage witch asks.

————-

Klaus takes a swig from a bottle, raising it as he speaks. "To our united front!" He declares to Marcel, they have gathered in the French Quarter of New Orleans.