ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

Lunar smiles, standing in the corner of Klaus' study, watching as Hayley dotes over her baby sister. Suddenly, a drink is thrust at her, pulling her away from her thoughts.

Looking up, Lunar smiles at Elijah and takes the drink. "Thank you." She necks the shot of bourbon.

Elijah chuckles. "How are you feeling, about today?" He asks, standing besides her, gazing at Hayley too.

"I'm excited." Lunar says. "I can't wait to have an army so all this drama with the witches blows over."

"You don't actually believe that will happen, do you?" Elijah questions, not suspecting the hybrid to be so naive.

"No." Lunar admits, sighing and shaking her head. "But it's a nice thought."

"It is." Elijah agrees. A silence extends between them, before he finally speaks again. "She's good with her." He says, nodding at Hayley and Hope.

"Yes, she is." Lunar agrees. "I'm afraid I'm a terrible mother, 'Lijah." She suddenly blurts out. He stares at her in confusion. "I.. I said some pretty harsh things to Hayley this morning, and I-"

"You and I both know that parents don't always do the job they are meant to do." Elijah cuts her off. "But you would never do anything to harm either of those girls, in fact, we are stood here today because you are doing just the opposite of that." He places a hand on her shoulder, his eyes never leaving hers.

Lunar swallows, starring up at him as he silently reassures her. "Now, don't you think you should be getting changed?" He smiles.

She laughs. "You're probably right." She agrees, smiling a thank you to him before heading out of Klaus' study and down the hall to her room.

- Lafayette Cemetery -

Rebekah is with Kol in the Claire Tomb, the pair of them stand opposite each other holding hands whilst chanting, as they desperately try to heal Kol of Finn's hex.

They are surrounded by candles and Kol is channeling Rebekah's powers, muttering incantations beneath his breath.

"Voltre mezino cadau. Voltre mezino cadau." Kol chants, before suddenly dropping Rebekah's hands as a piercing sound rings in his ears and his nose begins to bleed.

Angrily he wipes a hand across a nearby table, sending the contents to the floor of the Claire tomb in his frustration. Rebekah watches him, sympathy etched on her face as she reaches out a hand to touch her brother on the arm.

"No!" Kol shouts, angrily shoving her away.

"Calm down. You need to keep your wits if you're to beat this." Rebekah tells him.

Sinking into a nearby bench, Kol holds his head in his hands, feeling exhausted and defeated.

"There is no beating it." He tells her, Rebekah looks at him sadly. "It's latched on like a vice."

"So you're giving up? What happened to the brother I used to know? The one who laughed death in the face?" Rebekah moves to sit besides Kol.

"It's a lot easier to do when you haven't died already once." Kol replies quietly. "And I hated it the first time. The ironic thing is that I actually preferred this go around. Being a witch. No heightened emotion, no bloodlust. It was just me, for a while anyway."