ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛʏ sɪx

➳

Marcel and Gia have returned to his apartment across the river, both of them suffering from werewolf bites.

He hands Gia a vial of Klaus' blood whilst she lays on the sofa, her wound still bleeding.

"Mmm." She pulls a face as she swallows the blood. "You sure this will work?"

"Klaus' blood is the only cure for a werewolf bite." Marcel tells her. "Thing is, I'm running low, so new rule: don't get bit."

"I got bit saving your ass." Gia grins.

"Yeah, yeah, you did good, too." Marcel smiles. "I gotta admit though, when you took off, I thought you were gone."

"All my life, when things got tough, that's what I would do. I would run, because I never fit in anyway. But this place, what you're building here.. it fits. So, I'm in. No running, no matter what." Gia replies.

"Well, thanks for sticking it out." Marcel grins, pleased.

"Yeah." She replies quietly, just as Marcel's phone starts to ring.

"Hang on. I gotta take this." He turns away, walking to his mini bar as he answers the phone. "Hey, you okay?" He asks, it's Cami.

"Yeah. To be honest, not the worst date I've had in this city." She replies, grabbing a bottle of liquor from behind the bar at Rousseau's.

"Yeah, it seemed like you had him wrapped around your little finger when I left." He replies, his voice tinged with jealousy.

"More than that. Vincent, Finn, whoever he is, I think he likes me." Cami says, whilst pouring herself a drink.

Marcel frowns. "I'm not sure I would call that good news."

"Don't you get it? I'm his blind spot! If he's distracted, he's vulnerable, which means I can help take him down." She sips at her drink, whilst Marcel sighs uneasily.

- The Bayou -

Hayley, Lunar and Oliver have returned to Jackson's trailer in the depths of the Bayou.

Lunar is sat on a log, basking in the glow of the bonfire with a can of beer in her hand, whilst Hayley tends to Oliver's wounds.

"Well, you got him. Great. Where's Ansel?" Jackson questions dryly, not at all impressed with Ollie's return.

Lunar looks at him, feeling like they've all forgotten what they once had. First Aiden, now Jack. Did she really only have Oliver left honouring they're promise? She cringes at the thought.

"He was busy being a man." Hayley answers, which makes Lunar laugh.

"He should be right behind us." Lunar tells Jackson. "Apparently, I couldn't slaughter the werewolves because I'm a hybrid but it sounded like he did a pretty good job of it." She rolls her eyes.

"Jack, I have to tell you-" Oliver starts to talk, weak and exhausted.

"I already know, Ollie, you sold me out to Francesca." Jackson interrupts.

"Look, I know that I can't make up for that. But, you need to hear this." Jackson look away, downing his beer. "You're the one."

Lunar almost spits out her drink. "Steady on Prophet." She laughs.

Oliver just glances at her, before pushing himself to his feet with the aid of Hayley. He approaches Jackson, who braces for fight. "You're the alpha. Our people are not meant to be slaves! You can free them."