ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

At the Mikaelson safe house in Arkansas, Elijah is in the old stable block, hanging up the tools he'd been using to mend one of the fences.

Hearing his phone ringing, he pulls it from his pocket and see's Klaus' name on caller ID. "Niklaus." Elijah answers.

"Finn knows. About Hope, about everything. I don't know how long until he gets there, but he is on his way." Klaus frantically explains.

Elijah squints against the sunlight as a dark shadow approaches the barn, tensing as Finn's face comes into view. "Yes, remarkably well on his way, I would say, brother."

He hangs up the phone as Finn approaches him, wordlessly Finn flicks his wrist and telekinetically throws Elijah into the barn's wall.

- Farmer's Market, Arkansas -

Cami has taken Hope out for the day, to a local farmers market, whilst Elijah has been busy doing chores at the safe house.

She stops at a pay phone, parking Hope's buggy, before dropping some coins into the machine and dialling Elijah's number. It rings several times, before going to voicemail.

"Hey, Elijah. I left my cell at the house like an idiot. Luckily, pay phones are still a thing out here in the sticks!" She glances at Hope for a moment, becoming momentarily distracted when she realises the cut on her forehead is no longer visible beneath the plaster. "Um, anyway, we're heading home now."

Cami hangs up the phone, before kneeling in front of Hope's buggy. She gently peels off the plaster to examine the wound, realising that whilst there is still blood on the gauze the cut is completely healed.

She laughs in amusement and affectionately caresses Hope's forehead. "I don't know if the paediatric ward would approve of uncle Elijah using vampire blood to heal booboo's." Cami laughs.

- Bell Tower, St Louis Cathedral -

Klaus paces back and forth anxiously, hanging up the phone and looking at Rebekah and Kol.

"Cami's not answering." He tells them, visibly anxious.

"Elijah will protect them." Rebekah tries to reassure him.

"Finn is channeling both our parents. He's too strong. We need to find a way to severe his link to them! How do we do that?" Klaus looks at Kol, frantically looking for answers.

"I can't severe the link." Kol informs, but as he says this his eyes widen at a revelation. "But there is something we can try. It'll take power of our own. And a lot of it."

"Anything." Klaus replies, desperate.

"We need to go to the Lafayette Cemetery." Kol tells them, turning and heading out of the bell tower.

Klaus and Rebekah follow. Nik pulls his phone from his pocket, swallowing anxiously as he dials Lunar's number and waits for her to answer.

"Klaus?" She answers quickly, voice strained with worry and concern. "I'm with Marcel now. I got Jack's blood. She's safe."

"Lunar, she's not safe." Klaus replies, voice equally as worried as her's. "It was a trick. A distraction."

"What?" Lunar barks down the phone.