ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

➳

Lunar strikes out, desperately trying to free herself from Mikael's strong grip. "Let go of me!" She yells, her voice reverberating through the woods.

"Oh, little wolf, you certainly have spirit. I admire that." Mikael says, but it just makes Lunar's skin crawl.

"When Nik finds you, he's going to tear you apart!" She spits out, continuing to wrestle in his grip.

Mikael laughs. "Oh, he will. But you are a fool to think him stronger than me, I will be ready."

"How? I've seen the pain that blade has caused. There's no way you'll be able to match him." Lunar tries to taunt.

"I have fought more pain than anyone, living or dead." He clutches Papa Tunde's blade in his hand and for a moment, Lunar is terrified he might use it on her, but he doesn't. "But, once I feed, I shall be restored."

Horrified, Lunar lifts a leg and lands a kick to Mikael, spinning and knocking him around the head. She knows the stories, how he feeds on vampires. She was not going to be his restorative meal, not a chance in hell.

Breaking from his grasp, Lunar's eyes glow amber has the rage engulfs her and she speeds away into the woods. Mikael is too fast and strong, too old, though, and he easily finds her and grabs her into a choke-hold.

"Silly girl." He hisses, holding the blade to her neck now. She closes her eyes, involuntarily wincing. "You, my dear, are leverage. Once I threaten to dismember you in front of him, Klaus will hesitate. And, in that moment of weakness, I shall end him."

Lunar opens her eyes now, finding all her courage, she stares into Mikael's eyes. "You so much as touch a hair on his head and I swear to god I will destroy you. You will beg to go back to hell," she lowers her voice to a whisper, leaning in closer to the man they called the destroyer now, until there's no space between them at all, "I will make the devil look like the easter bunny."

"Hush!" He shouts, up in her face. But she only laughs, it's evil, pure and utter evil. A devilish smile spreads across her angel like features, and finally, Lunar remembers what it was like when they called her the werewolf with no humanity.

"You think you can threaten me? You are weak! You are the enabler of the weak! No wonder he seeks your company!" Mikael spits back, but the words are void of any true meaning.

Lunar looks at him and smirks, her eyes glow amber and the veins protrude beneath her eyes. "Do I look weak to you?" She licks her lips, fangs showing.

Mikael glares at her, not answering. They remain there starring each other down for several minutes before he speaks. "I hear music. And, where there's music, there's food." He grabs Lunar's arm, dragging her in that direction.

"Hmm. Good. I'm peckish too." She remarks, sarcastically.

They come across a group of people, all wearing masks and partying around a large bonfire.

"Well, well, well.. what have we here? Hillbilly Halloween. Oh, perfect." Mikael remarks.

- Davina's family cabin -

Davina remains unconscious, so Kol takes this opportunity to snoop around the cabin. He finds her de-linking spell again, and takes a closer look.

Picking up a root that's been pinned to one of the sheets of paper, he examines it with curiosity. "You used Kandahar root as a binder. Now, where'd you find that?" He mutters, before beginning to cast a spell.