ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ fᴏᴜʀ

➳

Elijah has remained at the Abattoir, whilst Klaus and Lunar are no doubt out in the French Quarter causing, literal, murder.

He's aware he's been harsh with Lunar, and perhaps his unrelenting silence towards her is what has driven her to act out. Perhaps, she is a lot more like his brother than he'd first cared to recognise.

Nonetheless, he has far more pressing concerns. Like that of why his sister isn't answering her phone, and if she's had any involvement in the killing of Niklaus' men.

Elijah descends down the stairs into the courtyard below, spotting Thierry sat alone drinking.

"Thierry, isn't it?" He asks the vampire, whom he didn't know to well.

"That's right." Thierry nods.

"My sister is rather fond of you. Strange, she's not typically drawn to unremarkable men. Would you care to explain your sudden magnetism?" Elijah asks, narrowing his eyes.

"I don't know what you're-" Thierry tries to defend himself, but he's cut off when Elijah looses patience with him; grabbing Thierry by the throat he pushes him back against the wall.

"You can either tell me what you know, or I can distribute tiny pieces of you throughout the Quarter." Elijah warns.

Thierry thinks for a moment, reluctantly conceding defeat. "She asked me to keep an eye out on witch stuff. I found something, and when I showed her, we were jumped by some guy. He desiccated her with his touch."

"Like a coward, you left her." Elijah snaps, growing more angry at this pathetic excuse of not only a vampire, but a man, by the second.

"What was I supposed to do, fight some warlock that took out an Original?" Thierry shoots back.

"Where was this, exactly?" Elijah questions.

"The docks, warehouse 57. I was just doing what she asked. You cannot tell Klaus about this." Thierry pleads.

Elijah throws the vampire against the Abattoir's walls, rendering the vampire unconscious. "I shall take that into consideration." Elijah tells his lifeless body, before he leaves for the docks.

——————

Lunar and Klaus have forcefully taken Sophie Deveraux to the Cauldron, in an effort to see if she can decipher the meaning of the symbols carved into Klaus' men's heads.

Lunar watches on as Sophie examines the desiccated vampires. "So, what is it?" She asks, folding her arms.

"It's a complex spell. Old school stuff, rooted in sacrificial magic. Whoever did this to your guys, my guess is they were an offering to gain more power. More guys they kill, more power they have." Sophie explains.

"Wonderful." Lunar sighs. Klaus' phone begins to ring, and he answers it.

"I didn't expect a call from you so soon." He says into the line, Lunar turns to look at Sophie.

"Do you have any idea who could be doing this?" Lunar asks the witch. Sophie is about to reply when Klaus speaks again.

"Gets as far away from there as you can." He says. Lunar looks at him, stepping forwards.

"What's happening?" She asks once he's hung up.

"Our witch friend, who I'm guessing is behind all of this," he gestures to the dead vampires, "is trying to kill Marcel."

"Where is he?" Lunar asks.

Klaus shakes his head. "Your stepping this one out, little wolf." He looks at Sophie, who is on the phone, muttering quietly, before hanging up.