ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ

➳

Klaus is still searching the woods for Mikael and Lunar. After a moment, he stumbles upon the Hillbilly Halloween bonfire, but they are nowhere to be seen.

All of the party-goers are stood silently, masks over their head. Mikael has compelled them.

"Did you honestly think to hold me with a blade forged from pain?" One of them says.

"Unlike the weak, unlike you, I gain strength from pain!" Another shouts.

"Soon, you will know the taste of white oak as it pierces your heart!" The first party-goer says.

Klaus is amused. "It's very clever, Mikael! Compelling the locals to say to my face what you dare not? Enjoy the theatrics! They only delay the inevitable!" He shouts out.

Party-goer two attacks Klaus now, but he easily disarms him, killing him. The other compelled guests quickly follow, and Klaus practically kills them with his eyes shut.

Until, eventually, there is only one left. Klaus watches curiously as this particular party goer remains at a distance. "Love makes you weak, but it also makes you strong."

He bites back a smile. Lunar. She had a way with words, that was for sure. But then, a sudden dread filled him. She simply wasn't a match against Mikael, and if she openly went after him, pushed his buttons like only Lunar could, he might not find her alive.

- Abandoned building -

Mikael has dragged Lunar to an abandoned building, the hybrid continues to fight him.

"Let me go, right now!" She shouts, but it only makes him laugh. He roughly throws her onto the floor.

Lunar quickly rights herself, climbing to her feet remarkably quick. Mikael is almost impressed.

"What's your problem, Huh?" She throws her arms out wide, practically inviting him to stake her. "Why do you hate Klaus so much, huh? Is it because he was fathered by another guy?! Is it because when you look at him all you see is the man you couldn't be." Lunar taunts, stepping towards him and glaring at his face.

There's no space between them at all and she can see the fury radiating off Mikael in waves. He picks her up, throwing her into the opposite wall.

"How dare you!" He shouts, watching as Lunar crashes to the ground. She sits up, bloody but rapidly healing.

"How dare you!" She shouts back, equally furious. She snaps a broken ankle back into place and rises to her feet. "If I'm so wrong, tell me, why do you hate him?"

"I didn't always hate him. When Klaus was born, I was overjoyed. I thought, "This one.. this one has the eyes of a warrior. He will be worthy." But, my hope was short lived. And, when I found out that he wasn't really my son, my relief was glorious. But, that passed with the knowledge that he was begat of a beast." Mikael tells her, the hatred he feels for Klaus evident.

Lunar frowns. "You are wrong, you know. Nik is a warrior, and he is worthy. More than you can even begin to fathom." She tells him, unafraid by the way he scowls at her. "Besides, it sounds to me it's Esther you hate. She was the one who was unfaithful. Her infidelity was not Klaus' fault."

"Everything that followed was because of Niklaus' obsession with the wolves! He ventured out to watch them turn under the full moon, and he took my youngest son, Henrik. He was but a child, and he was torn apart, by your kind!" Mikael shouts, glowering at the petite girl.