ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ

➳

Oliver, who has been chained and bound to stalls, stands in the city of the dead flanked by Finn and Esther, both in their new bodies still, whilst a crowd of werewolves gather around them.

He's bloody and bruised, having been severely beaten and tortured since they captured him alongside Elijah.

"Why don't you just kill me and get it over with?" Ollie snaps, glaring at Esther.

"Speak to her again, I'll feed you your tongue." Finn shoots back, unamused, before turning to address the wolves. "Spread the word from here to the Bayou - midnight tonight, he is to be put to death for his part in aiding the escape of the deserters. For now, chain him up in the lyceé."

Two werewolves forcefully grab Oliver, throwing him toward the lyceé.

"Tell the other wolves to come and have a look and see what happens to traitors!" Finn raises his voice now, before the wolves file out of the cemetery.

"Well done. Now, I believe you have a meeting?" Esther looks at her son, who smiles and nods. "Good. I'll tend to your brother."

Esther returns to the crypt where Elijah remains chained up. He's still on his knees, lost in his dreams.

"Still sleeping, lost in visions of horror and dreams of love." She whispers softly, taking his face in her hands. "Still so strong, so...full of life. Too wilful to take my offer." Esther drops his head in frustration now, moving to pick up a knife from the nearby table.

"I remember you as a little boy. Innocent, kind.. if that boy had known the creature he would one day grow up to be, he'd have leapt in my arms and begged me to save him." She runs her hands affectionately through his hair as she talks.

"I'd do anything for that little boy, as I would you." Esther suddenly yanks Elijah's head back, slitting his throat with the knife. He awakens, gasping and choking, before she mutters a spell into his ear that causes him to slump forwards, unconscious once more.

- The Abattoir -

Lunar folds her arms, angrily glaring at the witch. "Speak, or I'll rip out your vocal cords." She presses a knife to his throat.

"Steady on, love, wouldn't that defeat the purpose?" Klaus adds with a grin, leaning against a chair, half sitting on the arm.

"You'll be next." Lunar warns, taking the knife and slicing it across the witches wrist, he screams.

"Okay, mate." Klaus moves over to them now, standing behind the witch. "I think we've both established my girlfriend here will happily tear you limb from limb if that's what it requires to get you to talk."

He pushes his weight against the chair the witch has been bound too, lowering his voice as he whispers into his ear. "But, the thing is, you're wasting my time, and if you don't talk soon things will become increasingly apocalyptic..for you."

Lunar grins, kneeling down to meet the witch's eye. "So, whats it gonna be, witch?"

After a moment of hesitation, the witch finally talks. "Lenore has him." He tells them.

"Would you like to elaborate as to where?" Klaus hisses through gritted teeth, but the witch only shakes his head, refusing.

Loosing his patience, Klaus reaches over the witches shoulder and takes the knife from Lunar's hands, before slicing it across the witch's neck.

The witch shouts, before falling forwards in the chair, dead. Lunar glares at Klaus. "I wanted more information, Nik!" She grumbles.

"Tough, I was getting bored of listening to his nonsense gibberish." Klaus shoots back, pushing past her to his on-suite bathroom to wash his hands of the witch's blood.