ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ fɪfᴛᴇᴇɴ

Elijah stands in the doorway to the kitchen, phone to his ear, as he leaves Rebekah yet another voicemail message.

"Rebekah, it's me again. Please call." He says into the phone, voice strained with concern for his sister's whereabouts. He hangs up the phone, returning to the living room where Cami is routing through the cabinet.

"Yahtzee! Ah-ha!" She grins. "If there's one thing I've learned about you people, it's that there's always a bottle of booze around." She rummages in a cabinet for glasses. "You want one?"

"Sounds delightful. And after that, Camille, then what? We have another, and another, and perhaps another after that, another after that.. Before long, I find myself opening up to you, or.." He lifts his hands and makes air quotes. "Bearing my damaged soul, as it were."

Cami carries two tumblers and a bottle of bourbon into the living room, sitting down on the sofa and rolling her eyes.

"It's an old trick, Camille. Not a particularly clever one." Elijah remarks.

"Your mother really did a number on you boys, didn't she? Has it ever occurred to you that I'm less interested in fixing your problems and more interested in forgetting my own? I mean, I'm basically in a supernatural witness protection program because your psychotic brother, who, by the way, I practically had to seduce, wants me dead. So, yeah." Cami shoots back, whilst Elijah sits on the armchair opposite her.

Cami continues, pulling out a game of Trivial Pursuit and setting it on the coffee table. "Booze and board games is pretty much where I'm at right now."

Elijah rolls his eyes, clearly annoyed, whilst Cami ploughs on full steam ahead. The blonde pulls a quiz card from the game, reading aloud from it. "Here's a question; what was the name of Don Quixote's horse?"

"This is absurd." Elijah mutters underneath his breath.

Cami sighs, setting down the card. "Fine. Dumb idea. What was that with Lunar's daughter back there? She seemed a little..jealous." Cami sips her drink casually, whilst Elijah sighs, conceding defeat.

"Rociante. The horse's name is Rociante." Elijah tells her, before grabbing the bottle of bourbon and pouring himself a drink.

- The Abattoir -

The wolves and vampires are mingling in the courtyard, having drinks and trying to enjoy themselves despite being trapped. Gia wanders the room with a bottle of bourbon, filling up empty glasses.

Above them on the balcony Lunar watches on, leaning against the railings she lets her mind wander to the battles Klaus has fought in that very courtyard.

Eventually, Nik comes to stand besides her. "Surveying your kingdom, queen?" He smiles at her.

She looks at him, smiling back. "Thank you, for agreeing to do this."

Klaus looks at her a little confused. He reaches over and placed his hand on top of her's. "I'm not marrying you for the wolves, Lunar. I'm marrying you because I love you."

Lunar smiles, a little sheepishly. "I love you too." She whispers, voice a little shaky.

"Hey, what's on your mind?" He moves closer to her, brushing a strand of her dark hair out of her eyes.