ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛʏ fᴏᴜʀ

➳

Across the river, the vampires are meeting at Marcel's loft to discuss how best to proceed in dealing with the werewolves' ultimatum.

"We don't wanna run." Gia is saying defiantly.

"I know, and I respect that. But, believe me, there's a big difference between wanting to fight and knowing how to win." Marcel tells her.

"So, show us!" Gia exclaims. "You've kicked their ass before, I'm guessing you didn't do it alone."

Josh holds up a hand, joining the conversation now. "Umm, yeah, not that I don't dig the whole Karate Kid vibe that we got going on here, but - how are we supposed to learn to defend ourselves from an army of super wolves in, like, one day?"

Marcel has no answer, so he remains silent. Suddenly, there's a whoosh of air as someone vamp-speeds into the room, snapping two of the vampires necks. They fall to the ground with a heavy thud.

Marcel looks at the commotion and see's Elijah is behind it. He rolls his eyes, whilst Josh watches on nervously. Elijah sure did like to make a dramatic entrance.

"Lesson one - always be on your guard." Elijah tells them with a smirk.

- Lafayette Cemetery -

Finn is meeting with Oliver, Aiden and several other werewolves outside one of the large crypts.

"Well, I trust our message was well received." Finn greets them.

"Loud and clear. Those vampires should be gone by tomorrow." Oliver tells him with confidence.

"In my experience, one can never be too careful with these creatures, though. We'll greet them with superior numbers." He turns to one of the other werewolves now. "Would you bring me the recruits, now, Sam?" He asks, Sam silently leaves. "Oliver, Aiden - I have a task for you."

A group of young werewolf children in their early teens at most are led out by Sam now. Aiden's eyes widen with shock and confusion as he spots a young, dark haired boy near the front of the group. His brother.

"What's going on here?" Aiden asks Finn.

"Tonight is luna sanguinis. A blood moon. Now, one thousand years ago, your people marked this celestial event with a rite of passage. Electing not to shrink from their nature, but to embrace it, with pride, by slaying a human being and activating their curse." Finn replies.

Aiden suppresses a gasp as he listens on in horror, realising what Vincent is planning to do. He had a poor experience with werewolves turning too young. Ironically, the last one he had known was called Lunar, herself.

"Tonight, as unturned wolves, you will kill with the singular purpose of unleashing that warrior that lives within you." Finn addresses the children now.

"They're just a bunch of kids!" Aiden shouts now, angry that this is even being considered.

"Aiden, we can no longer afford to hide our children from the horrors of war." Finn wraps an arm around Aiden's brother's shoulder now. "From now on, you're either with us, or you're against us." He warns.

Turning to the children now, Finn begins to lead them away. "Come with me!" He tells them, as Oliver and Aiden watch them go, utterly horrified.

- Davina's family cabin -

Mikael is carving a symbol, the Mikaelson family crest, into the wooden stick he has made from a tree branch. Davina exits the cabin, joining him.

"What's that?" She asks, seeing the symbol.