ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ

➳

Lunar looks at Klaus, the wound in his chest hasn't healed yet, but frankly, she's just grateful he's alive.

He checks her over silently, not leaving an inch of her body untouched it seems. "You're sure your okay?" Klaus asks her, brushing a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Lunar nods. "I'm fine." She reassures, reaching up to take ahold of his hand. She moves closer to him, resting her head against his chest, closing her eyes. She feels safe, at home, at peace.

He smiles, enveloping her body in his arms. "You pulled the stake out in the nick of time. A moment longer, and I would of been done for."

Lunar's breath shudders in her chest as she fights back tears. "I thought you were dead, and for a moment, my whole world shattered. I thought, all the time we wasted being angry at each because of Hope, all the arguing, the silence, the wasted..time."

He strokes her hair, unsure of what to say. "You did so well, little wolf. You were so brave." He whispers instead.

She smiles a little now, but shrugs. "I didn't feel brave. I felt weak. He almost got the better of me, but when I thought you were dead I think I was going to tear him apart before he started going on about you not burning."

Klaus holds back a laugh, looking down at the fierce brunette. "Well, he hurt you. For that alone, I will kill him." He promises. "You know, in a thousand years, I think it's the first time I've seen him run."

"He was still weak." Lunar says, before looking up at the sound of footsteps as Hayley, Marcel, and Aiden approach them.

"And, he knew he was outmatched." Hayley adds with a smile.

Lunar looks at her, walking towards her daughter now pulling her into a hug. "Thank you." She smiles.

Shocked at the sudden show of affection, Hayley hugs her mother back. "It's ok. It was nothing." She shrugs, as Lunar let's her go now.

"Nothing? You just totally proved to me you're my daughter." Lunar smiles, proud. "Maybe you can be a member of the family, after all."

Hayley laughs now, before Lunar turns to Aiden. She eyes him with a smirk. "Leading a pack of wolves, hey?" She raises her eyebrows at him, walking towards him. "Stealing my job now, are we?"

Aiden grins, holding back a laugh. "Just keeping your thrown warm, Queen Lunar." He mock bows, and Lunar practically giggles before throwing herself into his arms.

The others watch on mildly shocked, they haven't seen this side of Lunar before. Even Hayley, seems overwhelmed at the somewhat teenage giddiness her mother has taken on.

"Now, what's this I hear you're siding with the witches?" She asks Aiden, frowning.

"Water under the bridge." He shoots back.

"Hmm. If I find out your lying." She points a finger accusingly at him.

"Says you, whats this?" Aiden points at Hayley, before holding out his hands. "Does Jack even know?"

"No." Lunar shrugs. "He's missing in action, can't say I'm too bothered."

"Give over, you two were thick as thieves." Aiden retorts.

"News flash, it's been twenty years." Lunar rolls her eyes, turning away from him now to see the others watching on. "What?" She asks them, furrowing her eyebrows.

"We checked the perimeter, and he's definitely gone." Marcel tells them now.

Klaus sighs. "I appreciate your assistance."