CHAPTER 12 - olive theory

a/n - please vote!!!!

olivia's pov
i walk out, turning the cup. i smile at the little message, taking my phone out. i take a picture of the cup, posting it on my story.

y/n's pov
i get into my car, placing my phone on the phone holder. i facetime olivia, and she picks up almost immediately. "hey, dimples! how was work?" she asks. "pretty good, how was your photoshoot?" i ask. "pretty good too," she smiles, "i'm not sure what to wear." i start the car up, "sweats, shirt." "are we staying at yours?" she asks. "yeah, i figured we could have dinner on my roof," i say, reversing out of my spot. "okay," olivia smiles. "unless you don't want to, we can go out," i shrug, turning left out of the car park. "no, i don't mind what we do," olivia says, "as long as i'm with you." "just got goosebumps," i laugh. "tectonic plates shook," olivia laughs too. "okay, just be comfortable, i'll be at yours in 10 minutes," i say. "what? i haven't even done my makeup," olivia stresses. "olivia, it's okay! you don't need makeup," i say, stopping at a red light. "that's cute," she smiles, "but i still gotta put some on."

i park outside olivia's apartment building, "okay, i'm here." "elevator's going down now," olivia says. "i'll come out," i say, unbuckling my seatbelt. "you don't have to," olivia laughs. "too late," i say, holding my phone and getting out of my car. i lock the car, walking into the building.

i hang up as olivia walks out of the elevator. she smiles, walking to me faster. she wraps her arms around my neck, and i hug her tight, spinning her around.

i put olivia down, and her smile was still on her face. "let's go," i chuckle. olivia laughs, leaning into me as we walk to the car. i open the car door for her, and she gets in.

we get into my house. "are you cooking?" olivia asks. "yeah, i would've cooked it beforehand but i had work," i say. "you can cook?" she asks, laughing. "what's that supposed to mean?" i laugh. "nothing, i'm just asking." "yes, i can cook. i almost applied for the chef part of the cafe," i say. "no way," she says, "i can't imagine you as a chef in that cafe."

i decide to make olivia wait in my room as i cooked. "what if i just looked through everything in your bedroom?" olivia asks as we walk up the stairs. "go for it," i smile. "i was kidding," she laughs. "i won't be long," i say, "you can turn the tv on or do whatever."

after i quickly make homemade macaroni and cheese, i decide to go up to my room, leaving the food on the table. "okay, i'm gonna set everything up," i say, getting out the ladder. "let me help," olivia smiles. "can you get the pillows?" i ask, "i got the blanket."

i hand olivia her food, and she smiles at me. "i love macaroni and cheese!" she exclaims. "really?! me too!" 

i place my bowl to the side, looking at olivia. she lays down, sighing, "that was great macaroni and cheese." "olivia, you just ate, you're gonna get sick," i say. "sorry mom," she says, sitting up. "don't call me that," i laugh. "sorry, hot barista," olivia corrects herself with a smile. "no problem," i smile back at her.

after half an hour, i call olivia's name. "olivia?" i ask, "yeah?" she says. "i've been thinking about the... bmw night," i say. "what about it?" she asks. "i'm just...  confused. are did you only do that because you broke up with adam?" "what?! no!" olivia blurts out, "no, no, no, you've got it wrong. i broke up with him because of you." "what? olivia!" "okay, that sounds bad," olivia thinks. i look at her, and she sighs, laying her head on my shoulder. "i broke up with adam because i knew i could do better," olivia says. "i know you can," i agree. "but... the other reason is... is because i like you," olivia admits, "i've never felt like i've been in love before but whenever i talk to you i'm always smiling or laughing, even when i got stood up on a first date. i think about you all the time, and it's been driving me absolutely crazy that i haven't told you i'm in love with you. i just wanted to get all of that out of the way, and if you don't feel the same... i'll say i'm totally fine with it and go home now and cry for the rest of the week." i laugh, shaking my head. "that was a really cute speech. i really like you too," i smile. "you're not just saying that?" "trust me, you've been driving me crazy ever since i met you," i laugh. "oh, thank god," her shoulders relax, "that was the scariest moment of my life." we both keep smiles on faces. "so.. are we..." i hint. "face me," olivia says. i face her, and she holds my hands, clearing her throat. "y/n l/n," she smiles, "would you like to be my girlfriend?" "i'd love the honors of being your girlfriend," i smile widely. olivia laughs, squeezing my hands.

i lay down, and olivia's quick to lay her head on my chest. "this is my favorite thing to do now," olivia says, "it has me thinking about the world." i smile at the thought that this was olivia's favorite thing to do. "yeah, it's really fascinating," i agree. "i've never dated a girl before," olivia admits. "oh," i chuckle, "it's better than dating men." "i'll be the judge of that," she laughs. olivia shuffles her body on me, laying on top of me. she lightly presses her nose against mine, smiling softly. "you have no idea how excited i am that i'm dating you," she chuckles, kissing me.

i help olivia down the ladder, and i bring it back inside. i pick up my phone, seeing a text from kaizen. "hey, i don't have to go to work tomorrow," i tell olivia with a smile. "really?" she asks. "yeah, really! can you stay tonight?" i ask. "yes, i'd love that," she laughs.

i lay in bed, looking at olivia. olivia looks up from her phone, smiling at me, "what?" "nothing," i smile, "just looking at you." "that's creepy," olivia chuckles, turning her phone off and moving on top of me, wrapping her arms around my neck. "well, i'm your girlfriend, so it doesn't matter," i laugh, rubbing her back. "you're right," olivia says. "adam really dropped the bag, huh?" i mention. olivia laughs, "totally." "i'm being serious," i smile, "he did." "if you say so," olivia chuckles. "are you doing anything tomorrow?" i ask. "no, nothing," she responds. "okay, olivia," i say, closing my eyes. "why do you always call me olivia?" she asks. "that's your name," i respond. "yeah, but everyone calls me liv," she chuckles. "what if i don't wanna call you liv?" i joke. "then don't," olivia laughs. "i'm kidding," i say, "do you like olives?" "love them," she says. "well, i don't like olives, but olive is close enough to olivia. if i get dimples, you get olive. there's your nickname," i smile. "sounds perfect," she laughs, "olive theory, dimples." "olive theory," i chuckle. olivia hums, and we lay in silence for a bit.

it was almost 11. "when's your birthday, y/n?" "um... what's the date today?" i ask. "the 12th, i think," olivia says. "oh, then two days," i say. olivia quickly sits up, turning to me, "are you kidding?" "14th of september," i say. "why didn't you tell me earlier?!" olivia exclaims. "because i forgot," i laugh. "oh my god," olivia laughs, laying back on top of me, "you're so weird." "thanks," i smile, "when's your birthday?" "20th of february," she answers. "so i'm older than you." "that's how it works," she smiles. "thought you were being a little immature, that explains it." "you're not funny," olivia laughs. "well, you laughed, so it's funny." "i laughed because i felt bad if i didn't laugh, same with all the other times i've laughed with you." i chuckle, "okay, great. note to self, never joke around olivia rodrigo." "yeah, good call. i hate hearing jokes from you," she chuckles, "actually, talking about hearing, did you know i'm half deaf in my left ear?" "seriously?" i ask. "yeah, dead serious." "that's kinda ironic, since you make music and all," i say. "right?" she laughs. "honestly, never would've guessed that," i smile, "you never seize to surprise me." "i'm just like that," olivia laughs.

i stop talking as i realize i haven't heard a response from olivia. "olive?" i call. no response. i listen carefully, hearing olivia breathe at a steady pace. "too boring for you, huh?" i chuckle, closing my eyes.

another a/n - posting another chapter bc i feel bad about skipping a chapter that was literally the biggest part HAHA IM SO SORRY