CHAPTER 141 - strawberry

a/n - please vote

2pm
we walk into sofia's house, and i hold jada as she turns her body to look at where we're walking, sucking on her pacifier. everyone looks and says stuff over each other as olivia and i laugh, saying hi to everyone.

olivia takes jada as i go to talk to mom. "hi mom," i say, hugging her, "merry christmas." she hugs me back, "merry christmas, y/n." "this is yours," i smile, handing her gift. she hands me mine, looking behind me before looking at me. "how's you, liv and jada?" she asks. "we're great," i smile, "liv and i are getting a lot more sleep after figuring out the sweet spot for jada to sleep, making sure she's not too tired but still trying to stay awake. she's a really good sleeper now- well, she's always been, but she goes through the night without waking up." "the beauty of parenting," mom smiles proudly, "i'm so glad you get to experience this with olivia." "me too," i smile.

i sit on the couch, talking to one of olivia's aunts, julia. i make eye contact with jada as one of my aunts held her, and i know what's about to happen. i chuckle, standing up as jada starts to cry.

"i'm so sorry," i say to aunt cassie, "we just locked eye contact and she realized i was in the room." "it's okay," aunt cassie laughs, handing back jada, "she's such a sweetheart." "i know," i smile, making my way back to the couch.

i bounce jada on my lap as she calms down. "i'm right here, you crybaby," i laugh, wiping her tears. "the... wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round," i say, bumping my legs up to make jada nounce on the beat. this causes her to laugh. i gasp, smiling, "you can laugh?!" she laughs again, and i look up, seeing olivia. "look who's here! mama's here," i smile as olivia sits beside me. "hi, jada!" olivia exclaims, "i heard you crying a few minutes ago." "because aunt cassie was holding her and we looked at each other," i explain. "oh," olivia pulls out, laughing.

olivia feeds jada spoons of baby food as we all eat at the table. "do you want me to feed her?" i ask, knowing olivia was multitasking by eating at the same time, "i already finished." olivia looks at me, smiling, "that'd be nice, thank you, y/n." "no problem," i say, reaching next to me and picking jada up.

i walk to the living room, placing jada on the couch next to me. i scoop a spoon of the food, feeding it to jada. i smile as she eats her food weirdly before swallowing.

holding jada, i walk to the kitchen table where some food was laid out. i pick up a banana slice, handing it to jada. "want some?" i ask, and she takes it.

olivia's pov
"how's y/n with jada?" uncle tom asks. "oh, she's actually so amazing," i smile, "she's really making sure she can do a lot around the house and with jada." "that's good," uncle tom says, "is she well behaved?" "who? y/n or jada?" i joke, making the table softly chuckle. "jada," uncle tom chuckles. "yeah, she's really good. she sleeps pretty quickly, isn't too fussy with different types of baby food, doesn't cry a lot," i smile, "we got lucky." "you guys deserve this," aunt karina says.

we decide to take christmas photos after opening presents. they decide to do family by family first, then everyone all together. olivia holds jada as i set up the tripod for my camera, turning my camera on. i adjust the settings, making sure to get the christmas tree in the background. 

i look at the screen, smiling as uncle tom's family poses, smiling for the camera. "three, two, one!" i say, taking three photos. i do this for each family, before it was olivia, jada and i's turn.

ronald decides to press the button as we meet in front of the christmas tree. i wrap my arm around olivia's waist as she holds jada, smiling for the picture as everyone gets jada's attention to the camera. we hear jada laugh, and ronald takes a photo.

i walk to the camera as everyone finds their spot in front of the tree. the kids sit on the floor, parents and adults at the back. "alright," i say, setting a ten second timer. i press the button, jogging to olivia on the side. "wanna hold her?" olivia asks. "okay," i say, taking jada. we all face the camera, and i quickly think of a way to make jada laugh for the picture.

i bounce jada up and down, clicking my tongue as if it was a roller coaster. i smile at the same time at the camera, hoping jada was smiling as the camera clicks multiple times. 

olivia and i decide to go home early so jada can sleep, walking to the car. i hold jada in one arm, opening the back door for olivia. "thank you," olivia kisses me, getting in. after i close the door, i walk to the other side, placing jada in the car seat. "you did so well today, jada," i smile, buckling her in, "time for your milk that mama's gonna give you now, huh?" 

i look up at olivia, and she takes the milk bottle out of the bag. i kiss jada's forehead, closing the door. 

i stop at a red light, looking behind me. "is she almost done?" i ask. "um... a quarter left," olivia says. "what's she doing?" i ask, smiling at olivia. "she's just staring at me," olivia laughs, looking at jada, "hi, jada! you're really hungry, aren't you?" i smile, looking back at the road. 

"whooosh!" i say as i hold jada, swinging her around slowly. i smile as she laughs, looking around. 

i watch jada hold a strawberry, poking at it with her other hand. "you're meant to eat that, my jada," i smile. jada plays with it some more, before bringing it to her mouth. she takes a gummy bite, only scraping the top layer off. 

olivia comes down after having a shower, towel around her head. "jada!" olivia exclaims. jada looks away from me, smiling as she looks at olivia. olivia laughs, jogging towards her, "hi, jada! yummy strawberry, huh?" olivia points at the strawberry. 

"i'm gonna shower, my liv," i say. olivia looks at me with a smile, "okay." i look back at jada, "mommy's gonna shower now, see you soon, okay?" i lean forward, kissing jada's cheek before standing up. i lean down, kissing olivia before heading upstairs.

i walk out of the bathroom, seeing olivia burping jada, patting her back. i smile as jada lets out a satisfying burp. "there we go," olivia laughs, "good job, jada!"

"i think mommy's gonna say goodnight to you," olivia says, looking up at me with a smile after she puts jada in the crib. "i am," i chuckle, jogging over. i look down at jada, seeing her sucking on her pacifier. "goodnight, my jada," i whisper, leaning down and kissing her forehead, "sweet dreams."

i look over at jada as olivia and i sit in bed. she was looking right at me, in between the wooden bars of her crib. "go to bed, jada!" i laugh, kneeling on the bed as i look down at her. i squish her cheek lightly, smiling, "come on, go to sleep." i bring my fingers to her eyelids, softly pulling them down. she opens the back up after i pull away, kicking her legs as she smiles. "ya...ya...ya ya," jada babbles. i laugh, "ya, ya. come on, you baby. bedtime!"

i turn off my phone after about ten minutes, kneeling and looking at jada. "it's 'cause mama and i are awake isn't it?" i sigh, looking at her as she stares at me. "come on, liv. we should sleep," i say, looking at liv.

olivia lays on top of me after we turn the beside lamp off. i sigh, rubbing olivia's back as i close my eyes. "goodnight pretty girl," i whisper, "i love you so much." olivia chuckles softly, "i love you more, my y/n. goodnight."

another a/n - if 'hope ur ok' gets 300m streams on spotify liv will become the first artist in HISTORY to have an album with all songs on it have more than 300m streams. YALL KNOW WHAT TO DO