CHAPTER 131 - stage

a/n - please votee!!!

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" olivia yells, quickly waking me up from the hotel bed. "jesus, liv!" i laugh, looking around the room. it was decorated with '26' ballons and balloon hearts, streamers and more. "oh my god," i whisper. "do you like it?" olivia asks. "i love it," i say, looking at her, "how'd you do this?" "luckily you were in a deeper sleep," she grins proudly. i laugh, pulling olivia in for a kiss.

we spend the whole day out in greece, and olivia told me that she specifically wanted to tour in greece for my birthday.

"say cheese, pretty girl," i say, pointing my camera at her. "cheese!" olivia grins, doing two peace signs with a big smile. i press down the button, and it makes a satisfying 'click' sound.

i smile and watch olivia perform, leaning against the barrier of the tent. after her last song, the crowd cheers. "now, this would be the time where i'd say bye on the very last show of the sweet tour," olivia says into the microphone, "but today is my wife's birthday!" i chuckle as olivia points to me, "y/n rodrigo, would you please make your way to the stage?"

the crowd cheers as i walk up to olivia. she wraps her arms around me, and i close my eyes, smiling as i hug her tight. "i probably smell so bad," she laughs, away from the microphone. "you smell like... deodorant," i say. "'cause i just sprayed before," she pulls away, quickly pecking my cheek.

i laugh as i look at the crowd, olivia quickly going to get something. "um, hi everyone," i wave, speaking into the microphone. the crowd cheers, and i laugh. "thanks for supporting liv in everything, it truly means the world to her and i," i say, "and thank you for coming tonight. i hope you guys had fun, it really makes olivia's night!"

olivia comes out, holding a cake with candles on it. "happy birthday to you..." i hear olivia say from another microphone. i look over at her, seeing her holding a cake with one hand and a microphone in the other. "oh my god, liv," i chuckle breathlessly as she stands beside me, facing my way. 

"happy birthday dear y/n, happy birthday to you!" 

i laugh as the crowd cheers, looking down at the cake. "make a wish, my love," olivia says to me. i close my eyes, thinking of my wish.

i hope everything good goes olivia's way.

i open my eyes, inhaling and blowing out the candles. my finger goes to the icing, scooping a little and eating it. "it's good," i smile at her. i scoop another, and olivia licks it off my finger, smiling.

"thank you!" i yell, and olivia laughs, nodding. i press the end of my fingers on my lips, blowing a big kiss on her. she blows one back, and we smile widely at each other.

i spin olivia around after her show, holding her tight. "proud is an understatement," i whisper, putitng her down. "how was that happy birthday, huh?" she smiles. "never thought i'd hear more than fifty thousand people sing happy birthday to me," i admit, "thank you."

olivia and i walk around, trying to find a place to eat. "anywhere you want, my birthday girl," olivia swings our arms. i smile, looking around, "i'm not sure, liv!" "no pressure," olivia laughs.

we end up getting a booth, and i slide in. olivia slides in after me, even though it was just the two of us. "wait, did you wanna switch sides?" i ask. "why?" she asks. "because of your ear," i say, "remember you're half deaf?" olivia laughs, nodding, "you're so thoughtful." i smile as olivia goes over me, sitting on my left.

i look at the lake and the view, sighing. olivia leans her head on my shoulder, "pretty, isn't it?" "yeah," i smile, "i could eat next to a bin and still have a good time if you were there, though." "even if i smell like shit?" she laughs. "especially if you smell like shit," i grin.

olivia and i have dessert after, which was just ice-cream. damn good ice-cream, though. "what flavor did you get, again?" olivia asks. "i got... chocolate chip cookie dough," i say, scooping from the side and p[lacing it in front of olivia's mouth. she scrapes it off, humming. "that's so good," she says, "i got green tea." "how fancy," i smile. olivia places her ice-cream spoon in front of me, and i eat it. "that's good, too," i say. "i think i prefer yours," olivia chuckles.

i hold my ice-cream out to olivia. "it's okay," she smiles. "take it," i say, "please. or i'll order you one of mine." "but it's your birthday," she says. "and my wish was for you to have my ice-cream," i say, taking olivia's and placing mine in her hand. "are you sure?" she frowns. "yep," i smile. "thank you," olivia kisses me sweetly. 

we walk back to the hotel room. "i'm excited for your gifts," olivia says. "huh?" i chuckle, opening the door. "to give to you," olivia walks in, and i close it after walking in too.

i smile, going through each photograph of olivia and i in each country she's toured so far. "and i plan to keep it going, by the way," olivia says, "turn it around, dimples." i flip the photo frame of us with the eiffel tower, smiling at the words on the back she wrote. "read it," olivia says.

"france, paris," i read, "one of my favourite memories so far with you on this tour. when we were walking to the eiffel tower, you told me the most beautiful thing i've heard. you told me that our canon event was falling in love, and i know that's true. i actually cried myself to sleep that night FROM TEARS OF JOY. falling in love with you is my canon event, y/n rodrigo. i love you in every single universe."

i tear up, putting the photograph down and hugging olivia tight. "i love you," i say, taking a brief break as olivia wraps her arms around me, "in every universe, too."

after olivia gives me multiple gifts, we sit on the couch on our balcony, watching the view of the eiffel tower in the distance with red wine in our hands. olivia looks at the wine, at me, then the view. "i think i've accomplished life," she says, "i wouldn't mind if i died right now. i don't think i have any regrets." i think about what she said for a few seconds. "you know what? you're right," i say. "i'm always right," olivia says. "not with the light blue dress," i smile. "oh shut up! that was, like, four years ago," olivia laughs, "it was purple. i'll say that until i die." "i'll say it 'till i die," i smile, shaking my head at her.

olivia shakes her head at me, "i'll throw my wine on you." "i'll throw you off the balcony." olivia and i laugh. "yeah?" olivia says, placing her wine on the coffee table, "go for it." i place mine next to her, and we both stand up. i place my hands on her waist, lifting her up.

olivia laughs as i make my way to the balcony. "no! no! i was kidding!" liv laughs, kicking her legs as she tries to push herself away from me. i laugh, "i'm going for it, babe!" "y/n!" olivia squeals as i sit her on the railing. 

olivia looks behind her, then looking at me, "don't push me off." "at least you don't have any regrets," i grin, keeping my hands on her thighs. "i do," olivia says, "i change my mind. i do." "what is it?" i ask. a smile comes up on her face, "i can't say." "well, too bad," i say, trailing my hands up olivia's body to push her. "don't," she laughs, placing her hands on top of mine to stop me. "do you trust me?" i ask. "in this moment where i'm vulnerable?" she looks around, "yeah." 

i smile, and she takes her hands off. i trail them up, cupping olivia's cheeks as i lean against the railing between her legs. her hands go around my neck, and legs around my back. we stare at each other with a soft smile, taking in the moment. olivia looks away after about ten seconds.

i smile, following her eyes as she looks around. "what's wrong?" i ask. "i'm nervous," she laughs. "what?" i chuckle, "nervous for what?" "nervous," she says, "just nervous. a good nervous. the butterflies in my stomach again."

i guide olivia's face back to me, smiling softly, "i'm so... madly in love with you." "i know. me too," olivia smiles, "so mad... it drives me crazy." i chuckle, leaning in and closing my eyes.

olivia and i share a long, slow kiss. yet still full of passion. love. right there and then, i could've died happy.

olivia and i slowly pull away, leaning our foreheads against each other's as we stare at each other's lips. olivia presses a quite kiss on my lips, going back to the same position as she rubs the back of my neck. "happy birthday, y/n," she whispers. "thank you," i smile, "i love you in every single universe." "i love you infinity," olivia pulls me in for one more kiss.