𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟭𝟭𝟯 - 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁

a/n - please vote

i smile as olivia walks up to me, seeing her head over the coffee machine. "can i help you, dear customer?" i ask, placing the lid onto the cup of the last customer for the night. "if you come to the empty register," olivia says, "terrible service." i laugh, "one moment- stand by, pretty girl." 

i walk to the register, leaning on the counter. "hello, olivia," i smile. "hello," she grins, "how's work?" "good," i say, "there was a bit of a breakfast, lunch and dinner rush, but we're calm now." "because you're closing," liv chuckles. "yeah. how was your day?" "it was good," olivia says, "swam in the pool with iris and madison." "fun," i smile, picking up the cleaning cloth. "well i almost drowned, so not really," olivia says. i stop wiping the table, looking up. "iris held my head under the water for, like, three thousand minutes," olivia explains, "i was literally dying." "oh," i say, putting a chair on the table. "right?" olivia huffs, "whatever, it's fine. i did the same thing back after i rose up." i smile, walking to the next table.

i wipe it down, placing the chairs on the table as olivia talks about what happens in the pool. "so madison thought she got her period in the pool, so we were like 'oh no, that's not good!' and then she went to get out to check and we joked that there was a blood trail in the water, and," olivia laughs, "you should've seen the look on her face!" i smile, shaking my head and moving onto the next table. 

i wipe it down, and look at olivia as she stops talking mid-story. "why'd you stop?" i ask. "you're being really quiet," olivia notes. "sorry, i'm just... i like listening," i say, "keep talking. i promise i'm listening." "are you sure?" olivia asks, "am i talking to much? i don't wanna bore you." "what? no, liv," i say, "you don't bore me, ever. please, keep talking."

i smile as olivia begins talking again, finishing off the pool story. "then maddie came back," olivia says as i wipe down the last table, "turns out she didn't have her period. she joked that she peed in the pool, but she didn't," olivia says. we start to walk to the car. "how do you know?" i smile. "well... it wasn't particularly warm in areas," olivia giggles as i open the door for her. "maybe she swished it around or something," i laugh. "no," olivia laughs, kissing my cheek and getting in.

two weeks later (a/n - ED warning)
i furrow my eyebrows as i scroll through the comments, one catching my eye.

'anyone notice y/n's been taking on a little bit of weight? not to be mean. just an observation.'

i step onto the scale, watching the numbers go up, i swallow and stare at it, stepping off.

swinging burns off calories. i put my suit on, jumping off the balcony.

i swing around for around six hours, doing as many tricks to move my body as well as fighting a few crimes here and there. i swing to land on a roof, my feet hitting the roof. once it does, my legs shake a little, arms just as sore.

a week later
i watch olivia eat the pancakes i made for her, looking at my plate. "hungry?" olivia asks. "no," i say. i wasn't hungry. or maybe i was just trying to convince myself.

i pick up a strawberry, taking a bite of it, and swallowing. i take one more blueberry. after sitting there, i stand up and pick up my plate. "are you not eating anymore?" olivia asks. "no, it's okay. you have the rest. i'm just gonna eat at the cafe," i say. "but they're sweet lemon and blueberry pancakes, your favorite," olivia notes. "yeah, i know. sorry. i'm just not hungry," i say, walking to the kitchen.

i feel olivia's eyes on me as i wash the dishes.

before i go to work, i stand on the scale. i take a shaky sigh, shaking my head and walking off it.