𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟳𝟳 - 𝘀𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁

a/n - please voteeee

i open my mouth as olivia feeds the spoonful of ice-cream into my mouth. i close it, and olivia takes the spoon out. 

"can i tell you something?" i ask olivia, looking at her. "wait, this is a good part," she tells me, slightly turning her head to me but keeping her eyes on the screen. "okay," i say, looking at the screen. we wait a few more minutes until people start talking. "okay. what's up, my dork?" she asks, looking down to scoop her spoon in her ice-cream. "that's a permanent nickname?" i ask. "yes," olivia smiles, eating the ice-cream. "okay, anyways. just wanted to tell you that i really love that your mom and my mom are, like, best friends now," i smile back. "yeah, i was actually just thinking about that," olivia laughs, "i love it. it's really comforting." "yeah," i smile, "everything's been so easy with our relationship, imagine if our paren- moms- your parents didn't like my mom." i look away after my mess up.

olivia's smile fades, and she looks down, pausing the tv. she looks back up at me with a sympathetic look. "you haven't heard from your dad, have you?" olivia asks. "not in years," i sigh. "have you checked his socials?" olivia asks. "i don't know, i kinda... was holding myself back from it. i feel like i'm really happy right now, so i don't wanna get disappointed or something," i shrug. olivia smiles, "okay. i get that. i wasn't telling you to, i was just wondering." "i know," i say, "now pass the ice-cream." olivia chuckles, passing the ice-cream tub to me. 

i scrap the edge of the tub, getting the edge ice-cream on the spoon, placing it in my stomach. "uh, i wasn't really done with that ice-cream yet," olivia says, pressing play. i laugh, scooping a piece for olivia.

"that was a silly movie," i tell her. "yeah..." olivia laughs, "uh, i liked it. kinda. it was okay." "you can say you don't like a movie, liv," i smile. "but people put so much hard work into it!" olivia lets out, "and money, and time." "yeah, well maybe it just wasn't our cup of tea," i laugh, bumping olivia. "i hope that's the case," olivia frowns, "i need that ice-cream." "is this the emotional support ice-cream?" i ask, handing her the ice-cream. "yes," she smiles, taking it.

olivia lays beside me, sighing on the bed. "too much ice-cream," she says, "too... much... ice-cream." "i think you had too much ice-cream," i joke. "not enough to stop me from slapping you," she fires back. "damn, okay. calm down," i laugh. "you know what i find absolutely crazy?" olivia asks, laying on me. "you?" i ask. "shut up," olivia chuckles, "i find it crazy how we always have something to talk about. like, we never have an awkward moment where we have nothing to say." "we're just too good together," i laugh. "yeah, the other couples are totally jealous," she answers, "the single ones especially." "they're gonna be for the rest of their lives," i smile. "you bet," olivia chuckles, "i'm so happy with you. the happiest i've been, ever." "i've been the happiest with you," i say, "thank you for being with me." olivia lets out a soft laugh, "thank you for being with me too."

i open my eyes, looking at the time as i hear a piano, the bedside lamp turned on. "liv, it's like... three in the morning," i tiredly whisper. "i know! i just had this awesome idea," she says brightly from the piano. she then realizes the time, clearing her throat, "i'm sorry. let me just record it, then i'll be back." olivia records her chords as she hums, occasionally speaking words. olivia's idea was awesome, to say the least. with a catchy melody she hums, occasionally saying words, and the chords that flowed well together, it was impossible not to smile. even if she woke me up at three for it, it was totally worth it.

olivia lets go of the sustain pedal on the piano after letting the last chord ring out for a few seconds. she then stops her voice note, looking at me. "that was beautiful," i tell the truth. olivia chuckles as she blushes, "sorry for waking you up." she stands up, tucking the piano seat in. "it's okay," i say, "i'm glad i woke up, to be honest." olivia walks to the bed, laying beside me, "i heard the melody in my dreams." i chuckle, moving my head on her chest, "really?" "yeah," olivia says, "then i woke up, so i figured i'd have to put some chords to that and put that melody down before i forgot it." "you should release that," i say. olivia laughs, placing her hands on my waist and pulling me on top of her. "haven't even gotten an idea for it," she answers, "but i'm glad you like it."  i close my eyes, "i always like your stuff. you should write it about me." olivia chuckles, sliding her hand down my shirt, placing her hand on my back, "all my love songs are about you." "i'd kinda hope so," i smile. "well, they are, so you have nothing to worry about," she says, "might even make this one about how much of a dork you are." "not sure how i feel about that," i say, leaving my hand on olivia's jaw. "i know i how i feel about that," olivia chuckles shortly, "i love it." "'course you do," i whisper.