𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟳𝟱 - 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗳𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗼𝘄 𝗺𝗲?

a/n - please vote!

"skip the song, please!" olivia yells out to me from the shower. i pick up her phone beside me, pressing skip on the song that was playing from the connected speaker she had in the bathroom. "skip!" i tap skip. "skip!" "oh my god," i laugh. i feel her phone vibrate, and before i could stop myself from reading the message olivia got, i had already read the message from adam faze.

'hey. can we meet up right now?'

i read the text again. "y/n! please skip the song!" olivia yells. i skip the song, waiting for olivia to tell me to skip the song, which she doesn't. i look back at the message, scoffing. was olivia texting him?

olivia comes out of the bathroom, and i pick up her phone, stopping the music. "have you been texting adam?" i ask. olivia looks at me, chuckling, "what? no. why?" "because he texted you," i say, handing her the phone. olivia reads the text, looking up at me. "i... i don't know why he texted me," olivia says, "i haven't talked to him since we broke up, i swear." "well are you gonna meet up with him?" i ask. "i'm gonna ask why," olivia starts to type. "you're seriously considering it? i just don't have a good feeling about this," i stand up from the bed, standing in front of olivia. "well i mean, he wouldn't be texting me for a reason," olivia says, "and... he just said he needs to talk to me in person." "don't you find that sketchy?" i ask. "i knew adam, y/n. it's like... you talking to gwen." "no, it's nothing like me talking to gwen! gwen's actually nice. adam, on the other hand-" "y/n please. nothing's gonna happen," she says. "yeah, if i go with you-" "y/n, you aren't coming with me, i'm sorry. i feel like adam wouldn't have texted if it wasn't important, i don't want him feeling uncomfortable," olivia says, "he won't do anything." "yeah? how do you know?" i ask. olivia starts to walk to the wardrobe, "because i know him." "yeah, like you knew he was gonna stand you up?" i ask. this causes olivia to freeze in her spot.

olivia turns around to me, "y/n. stop it. i'm going whether you like it or not." i take a deep breath, sitting on the bed.

she walks out after a few seconds with a jacket and jeans on. she looks at me, saying, "i'll be back, just stay here," before walking out of the bedroom.

a few minutes go past, and i hear the garage door close. i look at my suit, pressing my lips together.

"FRIDAY, locate olivia's car," i say, swinging to the next building. "olivia's car is now being tracked," FRIDAY says as i look at olivia's car that was at the end of the road. i stop on the building i land on, keeping my distance.

i stand on top of a building a safe distance away, seeing olivia get out of her car that was parked on the curb. i squint my eyes, zooming in. i lock the zoom distance, watching as she walks up to adam. i blink a few times, deciding whether or not i should listen to their conversation.

i shake my head, knowing the zoom was enough. thankfully, both were showing their side profiles to me. i make out olivia saying hi, smiling politely. 

i watch the conversation from afar, seeing a seemingly normal conversation... until olivia starts to get angry. her eyebrows furrow, shaking her head as she says no.

about ten minutes go past, olivia and adam almost at the point where they're yelling at each other, keeping their expressions at the halfway point as they were in public. every inch of me knew i shouldn't listen to this conversation, but god, did i want to.

i watch angry olivia get in the car, and i quickly swing home.

i hang up the suit, laying in bed. a few minutes later, i hear the garage door open. then, olivia walking into the bedroom. "how was it?" i ask. "fine," olivia says. "what did he want?" i stand up, walking over to her. "money," olivia scoffs, shaking her head as she rolls her eyes. "and you said no?" i ask. "yeah," she nods. "that's why you guys were so mad," i whisper to myself, looking to the floor. "what?" olivia says, in the tone where she knew what i said, but said 'what' in disbelief. 

i look up at her, closing my mouth, "uh... nothing." "no, you said 'that's why you guys were so mad'. y/n, did you follow me?" olivia asks. "i... i didn't trust him," i admit with a mumble. "so you followed me when i specifically told you not to?" "i didn't want anything to happen to you." "i told you i had it under control! you didn't trust me," olivia was taken aback, eyes softening in her false realization. "i do trust you," i tell her. "then why're you being like this? just because you're spider-woman doesn't mean i don't have the right to go meet up with him just for you to fucking follow me there," olivia was almost as angry as she was at adam as she is at me now, attempting to keep her cool this time. this is bad.

"it's not like that," i whisper. "no, it's exactly like that, y/n," olivia says, "i can't believe you did that. you weren't even gonna tell me you followed me there, were you?" do i even answer the question? it's a lose lose right now. "you can't just... shield me for the rest of my life by constantly following me," olivia says. "it was one time," i say. "yeah, one time that you weren't gonna tell me. how many 'one times' could there be right now, huh?" "none, olivia. i swear," i tell olivia, both our hearts racing. 

olivia shakes her head, catching her breath. "i can handle myself, y/n," olivia tells me in a lower voice. "i know," i answer. "then why did you- never mind," she says, walking to the door. "where are you going?" i ask, watching as she opens the door. "i just need time," she walks out, "and space."

olivia closes the door, hearing her walk down the stairs. i wait a few minutes for the garage door to go up and for olivia to leave, but she doesn't.

i sit on the edge of the bed, running my hands through my hair. i listen for any sounds downstairs not hearing anything. it'd be stupid to go down to see olivia. 

about two hours later, i pick up my phone, looking at the time. 5:04. shit, grocery shopping... and liv said she wanted tacos for dinner.

i look at my outfit, which was just sweats and a t-shirt, figuring it's fine for a grocery shop. i put my phone in my pocket and put my keys in my pocket too, hesitantly making my way downstairs.

i look at the couch, seeing olivia sitting there. just... sitting there. not on her phone or anything. i quickly look down and make my way to the garage as she looks up. "where are you going?" i hear olivia say. i look at her, "i'm just going grocery shopping." she nods, and i look away, opening the garage door.

i look back at olivia, who was still looking at me. "did you still want tacos?" i ask. "um, yeah. please," she answers. "okay," i say, going to step into the garage. "wait," olivia says. i turn back around to her. "can i... come with?" she asks. "if you want," i say. "okay," she stands up, "let me just get changed, i'll be quick." i close the garage door, watching olivia walk upstairs. "take as long as you need," i say.

i sit on the kitchen stool as i wait for olivia. i turn around, standing up as olivia walks down the stairs.