CHAPTER 125 - all the time in the world

a/n - please voteee

i look at the door as y/n walks in. she immediately finds my eyes, smiling. "hey," she says to everyone.

i watch her sit down on one of the empty couches, and i stand up from the piano. i walk over to y/n as conan sings the background vocals, sitting beside her.

she looks at me, and i look at her. i cup my hand to her ear, leaning in and whispering, "are you okay?" i pull back, looking at y/n as she nods. threading my hand through hers, y/n uses her spare hand to cup my ear. "are you okay?" she whispers. i giggle quietly, nodding. "that's good," y/n whispers. she places a kiss just below my ear, then on my cheek.

i look over at y/n as she starts to breathe a little heavily, but only loud enough for me to her. i look down at her hands, seeing her fiddling with her rings. i move my hand over to hers, but she quickly stands up before i get the chance to do so.

i watch her walk out of the room, looking at everyone else. dan and gracie were occupied with the song, while conan, iris and tate were looking at me as if i knew the answer. i look away, walking out the door.

i walk to the kitchen as i hear some noises, seeing y/n laying on the couch. her eyes weren't closed, but staring at the ceiling. eyes almost empty. "hey," i whisper, walking over to her.

i cross my leg over my other to sit down on the floor in front of y/n, but her hands to go my waist. i chuckle slightly as she pulls me on top of her. i get comfortable, closing my eyes as y/n rubs my back. "sorry i... really need you right now," y/n says. "that's okay," i say, "i'm here." 

we stay like this in a comfortable silence for about ten minutes. "are you hungry?" i ask. "no," y/n responds. i look up at her, searching her eyes in case she was lying. i knew she never lied to me, but just in case. "okay," i smile, "you can let me know if you are, okay?" "okay," y/n sighs, "do your friends need you?" "our friends," i correct, "and i've finished all my parts, i think i'm okay." y/n nods with a small smile, "okay."

i focus on y/n's rubbing of my back. "you know i'm so... completely in love with you, right?" y/n says, "like, i always feel so full with you. my heart feels so full." i smile rolls onto my lips, "i know, my love. and i'm glad, because i feel the exact same way." "yeah," i hear y/n whisper, almost desolate.

i look up at her, furrowing my eyebrows as her eyes were shiny from tears. "what's wrong?" i ask. she sighs, looking at me, "i'm scared life's gonna fly by. i mean, when are we gonna be twenty-five and laying together on my couch? i just want everything to pause. so we can have forever to ourselves." i've thought about it too. a lot more than i wish i did.

i mean, one of us had to die first. unless we go out romeo and juliet style. but at the same time, the same second. i really couldn't bare to think about what life would be like without y/n. i don't think i could live without her. i don't wanna be the first to die either, because i know y/n thinks about this too, if it were reversed.

"liv?" y/n asks. "yeah- sorry, i'm here," i say. "i know what you're thinking," y/n says. i stay quiet. "i was never really scared of dying. not until i met you. i'm just scared i'll be the first to go- or you. either way," y/n reads my mind, "then what would happen to you." "i don't want either of us to go first," i say. "i think i'd kill myself if you died," y/n says, "in all honesty. i can't breathe when i try to imagine living without you. " "me too," i admit. "would you be mad?" i ask. "i know that you love me," i say, "i want you to live your life. but if i were to do the same, you'd say the same back to me. but i still wanna do it." "yeah," y/n whispers. "i don't wanna think about it either," i say, "but i do." "i know we're young," y/n says, "but i'm so glad i get to grow up with you." "me too," i smile, "let's look on the brighter things." "yeah. i'm gonna see you achieve so many things," y/n says, "i really, really can't wait." i smile, wrapping my arms tighter around y/n's neck.

i press a small kiss on her neck, "same for you, dimples. we have all the time in the world." "i hope so," y/n whispers.

y/n's pov , the next day
i sit in the fabricator room, looking at the nanotech design. the idea has been running through the back of my head these past few years, and i've progressively worked on it time to time, but i guess it took me yesterday's conversation i had with olivia to actually initiate the safer, less chance of death, suit.

i watch the machine do it's job, before turning around as the door opens. "hey," olivia smiles. "hi," i smile back. "whatcha workin' on?" she closes the door with her foot, walking to me. "well, ever since we had that talk yesterday, it's really opened my eyes about how much of life itself i take for granted and how tomorrow isn't promised, so i made a new suit," i answer as she sits on my chair, swivelling around in it, "it's a lot safer. no more bruised knuckles... i hope." "oh! can i see?" olivia asks with a wide smile. "when it's done," i smile back. olivia sighs with a smile, standing up and wrapping her arms around my waist, "y/n, i'm glad that you're taking this seriously. i know you know that i get really scared when you come back from your patrol." "i know," i rub olivia back, "that's why you always check my body to see if i'm okay." "thank you," olivia says, "for doing this." "i've been working on it for a few years, but i never really got to finish it," i say, "i love you infinity." i didn't mean to say infinity, it just came out. olivia chuckles, rocking us side to side, "i love you infinity." little did i know it would quickly become another one of our own little thing.

"wow," olivia smiles as the nanotech spreads around my body, showing her my suit. "that's impressive!" she laughs, placing her hands on my shoulder and tapping it solidly. "punch me," i grin under the mask, "wait- no, it'll hurt." "oh, i know it will," olivia gives a light tap on my cheek, "it's like i'm hitting metal." "that's the idea," i say, "it's also bulletproof, has three retractable mechanical arms, the web wings under my underarm like my black and red suit, spider-drones, and the lenses can adjust to infrared, night vision and ultraviolet vision... and more!"

olivia look at me blankly. "well... i understood half of that," olivia says, "wait- mechanical arms?" olivia yells and takes a stop back quickly as the three arms come out from my back. she looks at them with wide eyes, "that is... terrifying. but really cool!"

mask off. i look at olivia's lips, smiling.