CHAPTER 121 - beach

a/n - please voteee

olivia and i have been going to this beach that was about a half hour drive. barely anyone went, it was our favorite place to go. every time we'd drive there, there'd be a maximum five people, or none. it was a perfect beach.

and a perfect place to propose.

i set up the camera olivia had given me for my birthday to use to take pictures when i was swinging, or just pictures in general, hidden about twenty feet away and filming. i walk over to conan, iris and madison as they hid behind bushes, my friends working. "alright, i'm gonna go pick her up now from the nail salon. she just got her nails done, so it's perfect." "perfect!" iris squeals. "are you guys sure you're okay hanging here?" i ask. "totally okay," madison grins. "thank you guys so much," i smile. "no, thank you for letting us experience this," conan says, "i'm so fucking excited." 

i start to drive to the beach after olivia and i get changed for a 'fancy date' on the beach. we did this regularly, so it wasn't suspicious. 

we sit on the beach, and i try not to look back at conan, madison and iris hiding. we finish our meal, and i look in my handbag, seeing the ring box. "wanna come in the ocean with me?" olivia asks. "alright," i say, standing up, and swiftly taking the ring box. olivia stands up too, and i hold her hand before she walks away. i take a deep breath, getting on one knee.

olivia looks down at me, her eyes widening as she looks at the box i held in front of her. "olivia.... isabel rodrigo," i start, already getting teary. "wait, are you serious?" olivia asks, starting to tear up too as she smiles. "yeah," i grin, "you're the best thing that's happened to me. ever since i met you, i could tell i was gonna marry you. i know we've been together for so long, and i'm so glad i'm right here with you. you're the most perfect, selfless person i've met, and i love the person i am with you. i love you so much more than i can explain. i can see my future with you, and i wanna spend the rest of my life with you, if you let me, olivia." olivia starts to burst out into tears, nodding quickly. "so..." i open the box to show her the ring, "olivia rodrigo, will you marry me?"

olivia laughs through the tears, "yes! oh my god, of course!"

weight gets lifted off my shoulder as i laugh, taking off the ring and sliding it on olivia's finger. i stand up as olivia looks at the ring, looking at me. "it's so beautiful," she says, quickly hugging me. "do you like it?" i smile, swinging us around. "i love it, so much," olivia laughs. i place her down, and she kisses me deeply.

we both smile at each other as we pull away, and i look at the bushes. "YEAHHHHH!" conan, iris and madison yell as they run out of the bushes.

olivia and i burst out laughing as they come towards us. "they were here the whole time?!" olivia exclaims. "yeah," i smile, "so it'd be really embarrassing if you said no!"

we talk excitedly for a few minutes, before i quickly get the camera, stopping the video. "and you filmed it!" olivia exclaims, "i didn't even see the camera!"

i show olivia my ring, and she gasps. "it's similar to yours," i smile. "it's so pretty," olivia says, smiling widely.

olivia and i stand beside each other as we smile for my camera that conan held. "three, two, one!" olivia kisses my cheek, and they all walk to us after taking a lot of pictures. "can we take a picture all together?" i ask.

i look at the screen, making sure we were all in the picture. olivia wraps her arm around me, showing her ring. i do the same, and we all smile for the camera.

conan, madison and iris decide to let us have privacy, going home. olivia looks at me once they were gone, laughing and hugging me. "i'm sorry it took so long," i laugh, closing my eyes. "no, no," olivia says, "i really love how we took our time." "me too," i say, "i love you." "i love you more," olivia says, "fiancée!"