𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟳𝟲 - 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗶𝗻

a/n - please voteeee

we walk into the garage, and i walk to olivia's side. i open the door for her and she cracks a smile. "thanks." she gets in, and i close the door.

the drive to the supermarket was the quietest it's been. maybe it's even worse that olivia had been staring out her window the entire time, or that neither of us put the radio on.

i look at olivia as i stop behind a car. "olivia?" i say. she looks at me. "can we talk?" i ask, pressing on the pedal, "the silence is really killing me." olivia takes a deep breath, "later." "okay," i answer, deciding to not push it.

i push the cart, olivia walking beside me. "just put anything in the cart if you want something," i tell her. olivia doesn't say anything, but puts a container of trader joe's oatmeal cookies in the cart. i smile faintly, looking at olivia.

after we unpack the groceries, i sit on the couch. olivia sits beside me. "can we talk now?" i ask. "go for it," olivia says. "oh okay, um," i sigh, "i'm really sorry. i am. i know that i completely invaded your personal space, and i'm really, really sorry... and i just really need to tell you something." "what did you need to tell me?" olivia asks. "i wouldn't have... spied on you if it was different circumstances, or adam. he's not a good guy, liv. he was the one who... harassed and shot gwen." olivia's mouth drops, "are you kidding?" "i wish i was. the moment i saw him i would've killed him right then and there," i say, "wish i would've gone back after i realized he shot gwen. it all adds up, he then came for you for money. i didn't tell you because i feel like it's not my place to say, but then he was your ex, you know?" "i get it," olivia nods, "do you know if he's in jail or something?" "no i don't keep track on that side of crime," i say, "wish i did for this case, though." i look away, feeling olivia push me over.

i laugh as olivia lays on top of me, hugging me tight. "i'm sorry," olivia says, "i shouldn't have gotten so mad. the anger that i had on adam for asking me for so much money just came gushing out when i was getting angry at you. i'm sorry." "we're both sorry," i say, "first fight." "yeah..." olivia sighs, "the streak ends. i'm sorry for yelling at you. i feel like shit." "at least you're still here," i say. "then... thank you for spying on me. who knows what could've happened," olivia says. "i don't wanna think about that," i answer. "neither," olivia whispers. "let's uh... talk about that car ride, huh?" i chuckle. "oh, there's literally nothing to talk about," olivia laughs too, "literally nothing." "that was awful," i smile.

i close my eyes as olivia talks. "can't believe adam harassed gwen," olivia whispers. "neither," i say, "have you talked to gwen?" "last week-ish," she answers. "alright, uh, maybe don't bring up adam to gwen. i don't want her to get reminded of what happened," i say. "yeah, of course," olivia answers. "we're okay, right?" i ask. "always," olivia smiles.

she pushes her hands on the couch, above my shoulders. i open my eyes, and olivia moves her face above mine, sliding her nose past mine too. liv looks into my eyes as she puckers her lips, pressing her lips against mine.

i smile with my lips as olivia continues to do this. she lets out a little laugh, laying her head on my shoulder. "can i ask you something?" she asks. "anything," i respond, rubbing her back. "it's a dork question," she sighs dramatically. i laugh, "perfect, my specialty. what's the question?" "when you jump in a train, you stay there, but when you jump on top of the train, you're in a different spot. how does that work?" she asks. "okay so, when you jump inside a train, the air inside is moving along with the train as well. but the air outside of the train is still with respect to the ground, or moving with the speed of the train, in the opposite direction, with respect to the train. the air then pushes against you, and when you jump, it blows you back. of course this depends on how fast the train is going, and how strong the wind blows and the direction it blows, but in general, that's what happens," i say. "wait... i don't get it," olivia says. "want an example?" i ask. "yes, please." "okay, i'll replace the air with water. inside the train is filled with water. if you swim upward a little bit - which is jumping - and float back down, you'll be in the same spot, as all the water is trapped inside the train and therefore not moving from your perspective. outside the train, the water is all rushing backwards, from your perspective on the roof of the train, so when you swim upward and float back down you will be further back, as you are carried by the water," i tell her. "ah, i get it," olivia laughs, "thanks. been wondering about that for forever." "you're a dork too, now," i smile. olivia sits up, "i'm not a dork." "yes you are," i laugh, starting to sit up too.

olivia pushes my shoulders down, making me lay down again. "i'm not," she answers back. "is it bad to be a dork?" i ask, smiling. "you're the only dork in this relationship." "why can't there be more than one?" "because you're the one," olivia says. "awh, i'm your one?" i tease. "funny," olivia laughs, getting off me, "time to make dinner, you dork." "you didn't answer my question," i stand up, following olivia to the kitchen. "yes, you're my dork. happy?" olivia asks, turning to face me. "yes," i grin happily, "now let's go cook tacos, dork." "hey!" olivia pushes my back as i walk past her. "i was kidding!" i laugh. "better be," she says. "what's wrong with being a dork?" i ask, getting the beef mince out of the fridge, "i think dorks are cool." "i just don't wanna be a dork," olivia says, squeezing under my arm to get the avocados. "but why? i like dorks," i say. "well you still like me, so," she takes out the tomatoes too. "but what if i like dorks better?" "that's impossible," olivia says. i close the fridge, looking at her.

she puts her hand her chest height, "this is where you love dorks. and this..." she puts her hand as high as it can go, "is where you love me. no competition whatsoever." i laugh, walking past her, "if it helps you sleep at night, olive." "i know that for a fact," she says, "bet you a thousand dollars." i cut open the packet, "where's my thousand then?" olivia gasps, "you did not just say that." "i'm kidding," i laugh, "you're up here..." i put my hand as high as it goes, "dorks are about... here," i go a little below where my hand was. "no, you mean down here," olivia takes my hand, putting it down to my waist with a smile.

i sit beside olivia after we plate the tacos, putting her plate in front of her. "thank you," she says. "no problem," i place my plate in front of me too, feeling my phone vibrate.

i take it out, seeing a message from mom. i laugh, pressing on the notification and showing liv. olivia laughs as she sees the selfie my mom took with her mom. "she said 'having dinner with sofia!'," i read out, smiling. "best friends," olivia laughs, and i start to type back. i erase what i said, going onto the camera. 

olivia holds up the plate of tacos as i move closer to her, holding my arm out as i hold my phone. i take a picture of us, sending it. i write the message, 'liv and i are having tacos tonight! what are you guys eating?'. i turn off my phone, smiling at olivia.

olivia smiles back, picking up her taco. "i think it's cute that our mom's are having dinner," olivia says, taking a bite. "yeah, i think so too," i laugh, taking a bite of my taco.

olivia and i sit on the couch as olivia holds a tub of ben and jerry's cookies and creme ice-cream and a spoon. "oh, my mom texted back," i read the message in my head. "what'd she say?" olivia asks. "she said 'we had chinese! such a good restaurant. we should all go there someday'," i read. "what did you say?" olivia asks, turning on the tv. "gonna reply now," i say, starting to type, "i replied with 'hope you guys had fun, we should!'." "okay," olivia smiles, "uh, what did you wanna watch?" "anything you want to," i answer, placing my phone beside me.